Any Thoughts on Quintero Y Hermano - Favoritos?

There are three pages of threads when you do a simple search for "favoritos" - I suggest reading through some of those.

I have a bundle of the first release (dezember 11) and they are really good.

But to offer to non-smokers I wouldn't go with them. Maybe a thinner cigar would be more fitable and cheap.

At the moment I suggest PL Panetela.

• Like 1

I really enjoy them for what they are, a $3 cigar. I have given them to many of my non-smoking friends and they have loved them. I've only smoked 2012s but they are smoking well right now. They are a no frills smoke but to me that is what I look for in a $3 stick where I don't have to pay as much attention to the cigar smoking experience (such as doing yard work, fishing, etc.).

• Like 1

Favoritos are the poorest of a poor marca.Piedra outshines them for me..........

I just love these definitive statements… rolleyes.gif I don't dislike Piedras, but the Favoritos is 10x richer than any Piedra… there is a reason this cigar is a global success (at least in old Europe).

• Like 2

The favoritos is a consistent smoke that I've really enjoyed since it's release. Wonderful fresh low commitment cigars that are cost effective and full of classic cuban flavor. I've gone through many boxes of 25 already and only a few have been dissapointments. But for the price you really can't go wrong...

• Like 2

I quickly yanked up a 5 pack sampler upon their first release and found them tasting VERY underfilled, and full of air. It's as if they put the same amount of tobacco from their usual Brevas, Nacionales, etc. into a larger ring gauge size. I found it actually helped to just make a "V" cut across the cap rather than my usual guillotine cut.

• Like 1

I quickly yanked up a 5 pack sampler upon their first release and found them tasting VERY underfilled, and full of air. It's as if they put the same amount of tobacco from their usual Brevas, Nacionales, etc. into a larger ring gauge size. I found it actually helped to just make a "V" cut across the cap rather than my usual guillotine cut.

I've had a few underfilled ones too, and it kind of makes sense that it would be hard to get the draw right with short filler cigars. But when the draw is right, as it seems to be most of the time, I like these a lot.

• Like 2

garbandz, on 02 May 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:snapback.png

Favoritos are the poorest of a poor marca.Piedra outshines them for me..........

I just love these definitive statements… rolleyes.gif I don't dislike Piedras, but the Favoritos is 10x richer than any Piedra… there is a reason this cigar is a global success (at least in old Europe).

RIGHT,RIGHT.what was I thinking....................

Never try to teach a pig to whistle.............it makes you look foolish,and annoys the pig...............

It sounds like you haven't had the rich, satisfying smoke that is the Guantanamera Puritos.

• Like 1

Personally I like both Quinteros and JLPs - just depends on the mood I'm in as to which I'll reach for. The Favoritos are a decent smoke but I feel that the Nacionales is better value.

I've enjoyed favoritos recently. Didn't like them much when they first came out. They seem to have calmed down, at least the ones I have.

Whenever Habanos releases a sub $3 or 3 cigar, I'm very willing to give it a go. Same goes for the JLP Petit Casadores and the RG Perla, and I'll get at least a box of 16 of the new Vegueros, whenever they come out.

In any case my opinion is only that, an opinion.

We're all entitled to them and we can all keep it nice.

• Like 3

Looking for something to have on hand to offer non-smokers when they want to partake

Yes I think they would like them. I have a box of 2013s, just under a year old and lit one today. Rich and sweet not strong with nicotine. I think one of the richest cheaper tiered/TC cigars I've smoked. Good for all imo.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've found them boring and lackluster. Then again for the price, you can't expect much.

Ok, so I guess I owe an apology. Over the last several weeks I've smoked more and more of these. Although they aren't complex, I've been impressed by my new batch. They are very flavorful. I retract my previous statement above. Very good budget smoke as long as this batch isn't a fluke.

• Like 1

I make it a point to keep Jose`L. Piedras on hand, as they are a very satisfying Habana smoke when I just want an "ordinary" quick smoke as opposed to the real premiums. The Quintero Favoritos are IMHO a sort of fad anamoly or faze, and I'd just as soon have a regular Brevas or Nacionales Quintero instead. My 2 cents.

I haven't tried the other Quinteros, but I've found the Favoritos to be an inexpensive shareable stick that most smokers enjoy.

JLP is mild and nice for those who aren't usually smokers. The Quintero seems to satisfy the guys who do smoke more often.

Quintero Brevas and Favoritos are my favorites of their line up

Just got turned onto them a couple of years ago. Good smoke for the $$.

Like others here I have gifted (Brevas & Favoritos) them and so far have gotten positive feedback.