Montecristo #2 or Diplomatico #2

unesco  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went with the Diplo 2 I'm a big fan of the Monte 2 but it's infinitely safer to buy Dip2's blind Also, due the relative unpopular nature of the marca, getting a blind box with age on it is more li

I took the Monte 2 in the vote but I always like having at least a box of each on hand.

Not sure I've had enough Diplo's to make the best assessment, but at the moment I give the edge to the MC2. It's a good thing BBF isn't in the poll....it'd have been a walk away.

My experiences could be purely psychological but I know in the past I've had better luck with Diplomatico regarding consistency. A good Monte 2 is a great cigar, I've had a few boring ones though. They seem to have sorted this out in the last few years.

I find Diplomaticos, unlike Montecristo, can have a bit of citrus to them.

...being the curmudgeon that I am, I will go with Diplomatico #1...!

What relevance it has to this thread, little or none, but I have been known to get away with it!

-the Pig!

Ray, save me one the next time I land over there! jester.giflmao.gif

Can I vote both? A great Monte 2 is like nothing else, but the Dip 2 has that cinnamon, nutmeg and sourdough goodness which I love and is generally more consistent.

Ray, save me one the next time I land over there! jester.giflmao.gif

Can I vote both? A great Monte 2 is like nothing else, but the Dip 2 has that cinnamon, nutmeg and sourdough goodness which I love and is generally more consistent.

For you brother, not a problem. I will put it next to Rob's Partagas Lonsdale. No, I will move yours out of the sun!

-Ray

• Like 1

Good Monte 2 is a thing of beauty. I did a blind cigar taste pass a few years ago. Each participant sent out a cigar to the others and we reviewed and guessed the cigar. I sent out a '06 Monte 2. Everyone loved, and I mean loved, it. Never had such a great pyramid. Let a good looking box rest a few years and they are great cigars. The Dip 2, IMHO, not so much, though I haven't had too many.

I voted the MC2s, but that is probably because I have had many more MC2s and have always (almost always) enjoyed them.

I've had only @ 10 Dip 2s, but I must say that I have enjoyed them very much.

In fact, I just bought a box from our host a few days ago.

I'm not through a box of either yet. But the Diplo 2s seem to be more consistent. They don't hit the highs that a Monte 2 can, but they've never hit the lows a Monte 2 can either.

• Like 1