Montecristo #2 or Diplomatico #2

unesco  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

really!? which ones, if you don't mind me asking? coverears.gifcovereyes.gifcovermouth.gif

I have had a couple Hoyo du Prince's that were plugged. I have had some Epi No 2's that were under filled to varying degrees. I had some aged Upmann No 2's that I was checking not too long ago. One of them felt nothing like the others that was in the box. It was so under filled that it felt like a wet sponge.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went with the Diplo 2 I'm a big fan of the Monte 2 but it's infinitely safer to buy Dip2's blind Also, due the relative unpopular nature of the marca, getting a blind box with age on it is more li

I took the Monte 2 in the vote but I always like having at least a box of each on hand.

Not sure I've had enough Diplo's to make the best assessment, but at the moment I give the edge to the MC2. It's a good thing BBF isn't in the poll....it'd have been a walk away.

I prefer the Monte 2 - I haven't tried that many Dippy 2s but never really got on with the ones I have tried - maybe I'll need to pick up a couple more in the next order based on the comments here though!

• 9 months later...

Monte2 is one of my favorite cigars of all time. I have only had one Dip2, it didn't do much for me, but I have a box coming in on the way, I'll vote when I get a better idea of this one.

All the years I've been smokeing cigars I have never had A Dip. #2. I think maybe because I read somewhere Dip. was A ( cheaper, less expensive version of Monte.) !? Monte #2 and #4 are two cigars I have never been out of for years! Have A sampler of Dip#2 on the way I always try and buy A few before A box. I'll cast my vote then! There seams to be a lot of members who like Dip.#2 got me courious.

I've only smoked a couple Dip2's and was not impressed. They were very boring for lack of a better word. I have a box of them otw to me. I want to give them a fair shake before I make my final decision.

I have smoked a few boxes of MC2's and really like the flavor profile. It is a very smooth cigar you can smoke in the am with coffee or after dinner with drinks. I have never had a "bad" one but I have not had the holy grail cigar people say they are. It's a good cigar, just a little over hyped.

My vote as of now goes w MC2.

I'll post up after I get my box of Dips and see if my vote stays the same.

2010 Dip 2's are smoking amazingly right now!

I've had only a handful of Monte 2s, but they are by far one of my favourites. In fact Montecristo is fast becoming my "go to" brand.

I've had a 2012, a 2009, a 2008 and a 2013. The 2012 was creamy, laced with honey.etc. and the 2008 was just smooth as silk, with a constant reminder of grass/hay, laden with this sweet undertones that I couldn't put a finger on.

Along with the open master (which is quite mild) they're one of my absolute favourites.

• 1 month later...

Having now been able to try a Dip #2 - both aged (5 yrs) and unaged (~6 mos), I have to give the nod to the Dip. By far. I've had some good Monte 2s, but there is a nuance in the Dip I like much, much better than the Monte (admittedly, I like Montes compared to NC cigars, but among CC, there are brands I like much, much better).

Now, if only we could get ONE of the other Dip vitolas back in production (non-RE, of course)! I'm just not a piramide guy.

I have only purchased M2's from Rob so they have been of the best quality. I had to vote M2 due to lack of experience with D2's and I wanted to see the voting results. i talked to Skyfall about a handful of Montes I had from the same box that were floral and amazing the entire cigar. He mentioned they may have been Dip 2s rolled int he same factory.