I'm interested in getting a sampler pack of Padron cigars. Although I mostly have cuban cigars, I've been partial to some Arturo a Fuente cigars... So am keen to try a Padron sampler as an alternative... Any opinions on Maduro vs natural? ... May not be able to get both.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only negative I have ever heard about Padron has been the few comments in this thread. The Maduro has been the big seller here in my town,probably 5 to 1 over the natural. As stated,do not overl

I was in the city for a Kraftwerk show on Tuesday and stopped in Davidoff's for a smoke. Picked up a 1964 Natural Toro to smoke, A Very weak cigar!! Now I know why I haven't bought a Padron in 15 year

Good comments in this thread. I have been smoking Padron for nearly 20 years and they remain a sentimental favorite. The only other NC I smoke and stock are the Ashton VSG and Cabaiguan. The Padron S

I very rarely smoke maduros except when I'm smoking a Padron, and then, I always reach for the Maduro over the natural. The 65 Exclusivo Maduro, and the Family Series 45 Maduro, are among my all time favorite cigars.

Which Fuentes did you like. Pardon is not generally similar at all...

Agreed here with the exception of Anejos (not necessarily similar flavor, but certainly maduro). You really can't go wrong with any Padron. I'd suggest starting with the 64 anniversary series.
  • Like 1

I was in the city for a Kraftwerk show on Tuesday and stopped in Davidoff's for a smoke. Picked up a 1964 Natural Toro to smoke, A Very weak cigar!! Now I know why I haven't bought a Padron in 15 years!

• Like 2

My favorite is the Padron 64 anniversary series! Just my two cents worth.(maduro)

I really enjoy the 1926 maduro No.35 petite with coffee. There are some that are great. Others don't do it for me.

The thousand series I like the 2000 in natural and 3000 in maduro. Some of the bigger sizes loose the flavor for me. The 45th, 85th, 80th anniversary series are pretty dang good but spendy.

One of my favorite band in the 70's! Are you a robot too? lol2.gif

How was the show? I've heard they have fantastic light effects…

Smallclub, Yes I'm a robot also! The show was great! They are taking a more traditional approach now which I welcome! They had more 3D effects this tour than the MOMA shows two years ago!

Which Fuentes did you like. Pardon is not generally similar at all...

Padron's are generally pretty good, especially the anniversarios. I was always impressed how well they did producing only Nicaraguan puros. Nothing like a Fuente though, and nothing at all in the flavor profile of an Anejo, which is in an orbit all it's own. (I hoard them - I think the shark is cool as all get-out).

The 64's in natural are nice, and a much better bang for the buck than the '26, but hte 26's are certainly better. If you take anything from this post though, is that if you're used to CCs, I'd shy away from the Maduro. It's a LOT of cigar compared to even a Boli BF. If you're buying just one, I'd start with the Exclusivo,. It's my favorite of that line, and it's a nice sized stick.

I'm surprised I'm the only one that preferred the natural over the maduro.

If you're fishing around to see if you like them, try out the $90 sampler. You'll get to try the varying styles,

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/79034/padron-1964-anniversary-sampler/

I had an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story last night (needed a quick smoke before going out with friends), and I am continually impressed by that line. It must be the cameroon wrapper or something, but it is just so sweet, soft, creamy, and complex in flavors. By far one of the most cuban-esque NCs out there, as far as the ones I've tried.

Padrons are definitely different though. Stronger, spicier and more leather-y. In general, though, go with a maduro for almost anything padron. They just seem to do maduros right. Also, the 1964 and 1926 Anniversaries tend to be people's favorites with Padrons, but don't skip the X000s...for their relative price, they are some tasty sticks as well.

• Like 1

Padrons have been one of my top favorite brands since I started, "excluding my new found respect for CCs". The Family Reserve 45th and 26' 80th maduro's are nothing short of sublime, and the 3000 maduros are some of the best in the price range. For some reason the 2000 didn't really taste right to me though... to each their own. Smoke what you love, and love what you smoke!

Fuente and Padron are the only non CC cigars that I would even consider smoking. Both lines offer many options and quality is almost always top notch. I've had one Fuente Anejo and found it darn good* (for a non-Cuban), Padron has great top shelf cigars in the 1926 line but they sure arent' cheap.

Haven't tried a Natural yet but have smoked a No6 Maduro 1926 and it was all spiceyness and strength. I caught a buzz. pooped.gif . Maybe the larger vitolas and RG's are better refined and smoother, but i'm not rushing back to grab the Maduro's anytime soon. Id rather the Casa Magna Colorado FWIW.

I would greatly recommend Padron's 45 Family Reserve if you're going to that brand. It is HIGHLY satisfying and powerful IMHO! I was just blown away by the quality, flavor, and enjoyment...although the $26 apiece price tag is a little off-putting! Their 1964 Anniversary and 1926 releases are - okaaaay - but for me - that 45th Family Reserve, maduro or natural (though the maduro was the one I had) I'm pretty certain won't disappoint. Again, my humble 2 cents.

*** A quick side note; the Fuente Don Carlos line was also a delight to this one Havanaphile! Again, pretty sobering price for it, but the Cameroon wrapper around that years aged Dominican leaf is a definite indication of "You get what you pay for!"

• Like 1

Family Reserve 45 Maduro is a true standing out cigar from Padron family, which would be a candidate among few others for best NC ever made, followed closely by 1926 80th.

And speaking of the line of 1964, Excusivo Maduro and "A" Natural, are both great cigars.

2000 maduro is a surprising rich flavor cigar, very close to the Bolivar profiles. But 6000 is a dull.

My favorite is the Padron 64 anniversary series! Just my two cents worth.(maduro)

You can't go wrong with Padron.

I love my CC's but there are a few great NC's as well and Padron top my list there.

Grab a sampler of the Naturals if they are your first Padron's and when time and finances permit, grab a Maduro sampler.

64 Anniversary series are exceptional but for an every day cigar, you can also easily grab some of the 2000 & 3000 series which are also brilliant considering the cost which is not that high. yes.gif

I'll send you a PM with a great place to grab some.

I've got to disagree in that I think the 1964 and 1926 lines are overpriced for how mild and subtle they can be. The standard line is decent after a few years, but nothing as outstanding as people make them out to be. They have also suffered from overproduction, imho.

Now Fuente on the other hand makes some good smokes. Anejo aged, cuban corona, Don Carlos, and some of the sungrowns are my faves.