Much like sactochris, I rarely reach for a maduro, but in regards to the Padron line the maduro is the clear winner.

Get the Padron 1926 Maduro No. 35. It's kind of a petite robusto. Very full-bodied, full leather and pepper. Puff slowly as the draw is incredibly loose.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only negative I have ever heard about Padron has been the few comments in this thread. The Maduro has been the big seller here in my town,probably 5 to 1 over the natural. As stated,do not overl

I was in the city for a Kraftwerk show on Tuesday and stopped in Davidoff's for a smoke. Picked up a 1964 Natural Toro to smoke, A Very weak cigar!! Now I know why I haven't bought a Padron in 15 year

Good comments in this thread. I have been smoking Padron for nearly 20 years and they remain a sentimental favorite. The only other NC I smoke and stock are the Ashton VSG and Cabaiguan. The Padron S

Had a gifted 1964 (don't know the vitola - was size of a Churchill) last night. Good construction but very linear flavors. Bored me. post-7384-13967163035676.jpg

Good comments in this thread. I have been smoking Padron for nearly 20 years and they remain a sentimental favorite.

The only other NC I smoke and stock are the Ashton VSG and Cabaiguan. The Padron Series 2000 is my workhorse! In the Anniversarios Series, the Exclusivo and Diplomatico are the standard bearers. In the 1926 Serie, the No. 35 and in distant second, the No. 6. Anything more expensive, I really cannot recommend for the occasional or undecided Padron smoker. The value simply isn't there.

I strongly prefer the maduro versions for their richer flavor and gentler character in the nose.

Are they different from NC? Absolutely. This is one cigar for which it is impossible to mistake for any Habanos. What do they give me that only this type of cigars can give? The memories of my father and grandfather and their friends smoking cigars. They are quintessential "old school cigar smoke aroma" to me. Only the AVO LE 05 match this particular aroma. Additionally, they are generally rolled loose and a bit dry, which means almost never a plug or tight draw.

For those who are so inclined, cigars such as the Padron maduros offer a vibrant contrast to Habanos in general.

Wilkey

• Like 2

I've always enjoyed the 26 and the 64 line for it's consistency. Since the tobacco is already aged for at least 4 years, I have found that they smoke better when relatively young. I've tried to age some Padron's in the past and the flavors tend to become real muted, at least to my unsophisticated palette. The other caveat is that they are very pricey.

I've always enjoyed the 26 and the 64 line for it's consistency. Since the tobacco is already aged for at least 4 years, I have found that they smoke better when relatively young. I've tried to age some Padron's in the past and the flavors tend to become real muted, at least to my unsophisticated palette. The other caveat is that they are very pricey.

Agreed. I've smoked 64 as old as 6 years and the Padron line as old as 10+ and they are nowhere near as satisfying to my palate as the fresh. Within the first year or two is really the sweet spot for me.

Wilkey

• Like 1

I'd go with the 64 line maduro. Good price and a great smoke. Nothing like a cc but unique in their own way. The 26 line is good but not so much better for the price. Enjoy

• Like 1

Padron 1964 exclusivo are great. i 'd try those. stay away from the 1926 line if your not into strong smokes, they are much more robust and full bodied, i have a box of the No. 9 and love them but i can't smoke one on an empty stomach. powerful and great smoke though.

i also have a box of the 1926 80th anniversary but have not tried one yet. anyway have any comments on these?

Last night I had a Padron 6000 Maduro. http://imgur.com/a/4VDtn

Don't neglect that X000s range. They're very good as well. Not incredibly complex, but definitely rich and full of delicious flavor. One of the few NC companies that are doing just about everything right.

i also have a box of the 1926 80th anniversary but have not tried one yet. anyway have any comments on these?

The 80th is an amazing cigar. 2 hours and 15 minutes of pure cigar bliss. These rank right at the top of the cigar perfection scale for me. Only cigar that I've liked better was a 2003 Le Hoyo des Dieux.

• Like 1

The 80th is an amazing cigar. 2 hours and 15 minutes of pure cigar bliss. These rank right at the top of the cigar perfection scale for me. Only cigar that I've liked better was a 2003 Le Hoyo des Dieux.

Agreed. I have 2 boxes of the maduro and they are a pleasure. One time, I left one burning and took my car to gas up before the station closed. I was gone 20 minutes, when I got back it was still going, able to finish it.

I know some find the draw on Padrons too loose, but I don't.

Agreed. I have 2 boxes of the maduro and they are a pleasure. One time, I left one burning and took my car to gas up before the station closed. I was gone 20 minutes, when I got back it was still going, able to finish it.

I so agree on the 80th. The most perfectly constructed cigar I have ever smoked. Was a little over two hours and had me swooning by the end. Damn fine smoke.

Honestly, I'd rather have a stick that's a little on the loose side than too tight... it just ruins the experience sometimes for me.

• Like 1

I don't why but it's a cigar that I could never "get". Tried a few anni's and wasn't too thrilled after. Even the 45 years tasted almost too similar to the x000 series. Plus I hate the nic hit from these, I don't understand how some of you think they are mild cigars.

I don't why but it's a cigar that I could never "get". Tried a few anni's and wasn't too thrilled after. Even the 45 years tasted almost too similar to the x000 series. Plus I hate the nic hit from these, I don't understand how some of you think they are mild cigars.

Well they are definitely not mild cigars. They are solidly in the medium-full to full range for both body and strength.

Well they are definitely not mild cigars. They are solidly in the medium-full to full range for both body and strength.

I agree. There isn't really a mild cigar in the Padron lineup. I do find the naturals to be harsher at least when young, and more nicotinic.

Wilkey

In my humble opinion,any Padron in the 1926 line is outstanding.A true Nicaraguan puro w/full body and great depth.If I can't smoke a CC,this is one of the few NC I still enjoy.

• Like 1

I have 10 of the 45s in the bottom of my desktop - haven't smoked one in years. Might have to pull one out and give it a try.

• 3 months later...

I have to say the 1926 No. 9 Natural is one of my favorite cigars of all time. Every once in a while a Maduro really hits the spot, but I prefer the natural overall myself.

The 2k has become my absolute go to daily smoke now.As has been written in countless places before the consistency and quality at the price is unbeatable.It's like The Big Mac,no matter when you buy one or where from you know exactly what you're going to get....curiously I think that's also a minus point against them in a strange way.But that being said,knowing exactly what I'm going to get is what I want sometimes rather than having to "chase the dragon" of Habanos quality.