Tubo Consistency

Tubos?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are talking here about Hand Rolled Tubos where they can be directly compared to their Non Tubo brothers.

ie Tubo BRC v Non Tubo BRC

Tubo HDM EP2 v Non Tubo HDM EPI 2

Tubo R&J Churchill v Non Tubo R&J Churchill

...you get the drift.

So what are the most consistent? ...Tubo or Non Tubo....or is their no difference?

based on your experiences...fill us in thinking.gif

Siglo V tubos all the ones I have had , have been amazing. Punch Petit coronations tubos all of the ones I have had have been like this

post-12719-0-85399200-1395125147_thumb.j

and if they only come in tubos just run with it don't jump on it..wink.png all have been bloody good cigars and tubed.

I like tubos. The Siglo VI I've had in tubos have all been excellent, the non tubed ones have varied more. The sample size I'm using is not very large however.

I really want to try some HdM Epi 2's in tubes and see if there's any difference between them as the non tubed ones have all been great

One think I have noticed with RyJ Romeo #2s is that wrapper, fill and ring gauge are pretty inconsistent, but with no non tubed ones to compare against I don't know what that's worth

I've only tried PSD4s and RyJ Short Churchills in tubes. As far as I'm concerned, there was no difference when compared to the non tubos.

I don't find any difference in consistency between tubed and boxed. I do find a big difference in flavors, and I tend to prefer the tubos, but as to consistency issues the tubos can be just as ratty sometimes as their boxed brethren.

I've found no difference. Tubos rock, imo. But I don't search them out/ go out of my way to buy them over non-tubos.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last time I was in Cuba, bought a fiver of D4's & a box of non-tubed 25. The tubes were so much better right of the box/tube, smoked them all right away.

Where they of the same age? If so it kinda puts a hole in the "tubos age slower" theory.

Siglo V tubos all the ones I have had , have been amazing. Punch Petit coronations tubos all of the ones I have had have been like this

attachicon.gif021.JPG

and if they only come in tubos just run with it don't jump on it..wink.png all have been bloody good cigars and tubed.

I've had good luck with the Punch PCs too, but I've never had them non-tubo... so I can't compare.

Where they of the same age? If so it kinda puts a hole in the "tubos age slower" theory.

I didn't get the age or box code for the tubes, I assume they were fairly fresh as most stuff is unless you search out old stock. The box of 25 was only couple months old. The tubes did have some hint of fresh harshness/ammonia but were not as harsh as the untubed box.

In my experience, I enjoy a/t versions more - BRC, Partagas D4, Siglo II, Punch Punch are good examples. I don't go out of my way to buy tubos, though - don't like paying $1+ extra just for the tube. Sometimes they are almost the same price, though.

Nothing says summertime cigars like hot weather and a nice tubo in the glovebox. Lock it airtight, throw it in the glovebox, come back to it after the hot temperature has worked its magic on the tubo. Windows down, go for a drive, smoking bliss.

Nothing quite like it IMO.

• Like 2

I've had good luck with the Punch PCs too, but I've never had them non-tubo... so I can't compare.

The Punch petit corona didn't came in tubos and the Punch petit coronation comes only in tubos, just like the Punch coronation and the Punch Royal Coronation.

Nothing says summertime cigars like hot weather and a nice tubo in the glovebox. Lock it airtight, throw it in the glovebox, come back to it after the hot temperature has worked its magic on the tubo. Windows down, go for a drive, smoking bliss.

Nothing quite like it IMO.

Never tried that. I am *so* going to try that this summer.

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I've had the HdM Epi #2, Siglo VI and R&J Churchill. I think the Churchill's were best out of tubes but I really don't taste big a difference. One thing about tubes that I've experienced is mold way too often so I now shy away from them.