20 jokes. possibly.

Nerrrrd!!!! I actually found a good amount funny and understood more than I expected.... Still prefer your humor and sarcasm instead....

What no responses yet? thinking.gif Yikes - one came in as I was making MY comment!

i rather like 18 but i'm not sure why.

Maybe then you'll like this one:

A father who is very much concerned about his son's bad grades in math decides to register him at a catholic school. After his first term there, the son brings home his report card: He's getting "A"s in math. The father is, of course, pleased, but wants to know: "Why are your math grades suddenly so good?" "You know", the son explains, "when I walked into the classroom the first day, and I saw that guy on the wall nailed to a plus sign, I knew one thing: This place means business!"

Maybe then you'll like this one:

A father who is very much concerned about his son's bad grades in math decides to register him at a catholic school. After his first term there, the son brings home his report card: He's getting "A"s in math. The father is, of course, pleased, but wants to know: "Why are your math grades suddenly so good?" "You know", the son explains, "when I walked into the classroom the first day, and I saw that guy on the wall nailed to a plus sign, I knew one thing: This place means business!"

i will, knowing the response i'd get from his royal despot if i did not, leave that completely alone.

• Like 1

I got them all except #12???

I got them all except #12???

Taken straight from Wikipedia....

The play on words lies in the similarity of the abbreviation for October/Octal and December/Decimal, and the coincidence that the two representations equal the same amount (36a21b0e3401dec13154898c6730889c.png).

The play on words lies in the similarity of the abbreviation for October/Octal and December/Decimal, and the coincidence that the two representations equal the same amount (36a21b0e3401dec13154898c6730889c.png).

Ummmmm.......yeah. I don't ever want to "get that"!

• Like 1

yes, i was trying to work out why it was funny.

The Buddhist monk one was missing the 2nd part.

A Buddhist monk walks into a pizza joint and asks the guy to "make me one with everything".

After paying for the pizza, the Buddhist monk asks "I gave you a $50, where's my change?"

The pizza guy replied, "change comes from within".

• Like 3

I liekd 4, 7, 10 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

I have no idea what a logician is.

And number 11 just doesst make sense.. im pretty sure the correct word is deionise (in chemistry it is anyway).

Couldn't figure out #12 for the life of me. Of course, I'm a Civil/Environmental and not Electrical/Computer, so we don't really deal with different numerical bases.

Several of these are really good!

An old favorite (stop reading if you've heard this one):

Two chemists walk into a bar. The bartender says, "What'll ya have?" The first chemist says, "I'd like a glass of H20." The second chemist says, " I'll have a glass of H20, too." The bartender serves up the drinks, both quaff em, and the second chemist dies.

<buh-dump chhhhh!>

• Like 1

Explanation, courtesy of Reddit on 12: “We use the Decimal base (shorthand DEC) for our number system. Octal is another base system (shorthand OCT) if you convert Decimal 25, it is equivalent to OCT 31.”

7 and 18 are my picks.

It's nice that we all seem to understand most of them. I would say that our educations are at a pretty good level, seeing as it appears that we all come from different backgrounds and levels of education.

17 didn't make much sense until the pizza part was added, then it was funny.

I like them mostly. Being a chemist. I just didn't get #3

It's a play on written word, versus the word as heard.

First and second both heard to say: "I don't NO", which means the third guy answers for the group, with "yes".