Partagas Salomones

I haven't tried one but a guy at work has got some and thinks they're excellent.

Wait, he's got some and I haven't tried one... time for a trade. idea.gif

I have a box of these. While I'm not crazy about them, they are enjoyable. They're medium bodied with mellow flavors, as mentioned earlier, with little complexity. The cigar doesn't change much from start to finish. It's been about a month or 2 since I've had one so I don't remember and specific flavor notes. To be honest, I probably will not be picking up a box again..

On the other hand, I've had a few Cuaba Salomones singles to this point and prefer those over the Partagas.. Just my opinion..

I will dig the box out and post the year and box code...

They do suffer from underfilling. A properly rolled one with a good wrapper is a good cigar. But as others have said, I prefer the Cuaba Salomones which although can also suffer from underfilling, has more character/depth of flavour.

Mine are from 09 and 10,absolute treasures....Very rich,velvety smoke with deep harmonious flavors.The typical Partagas profile with less of the usual bitterness I find in a Partagas.I would like to try a more recent one to compare them.........

There are actually two version of these. There is a very rare, irregular production of 25 count dress boxes. I have only seen boxes of 02s and 05's. The box of 05's that I have has produced incredible experiences, however I have only smoked 3. Should you ever

decide to grace Gardenia with your presence in the summer I'll bring one for you. You can ask Dave if it was any good.

The 08 and post are average cigars at best. All style and no substance with a high price tag. They could easily pass of LEs. You are much better off chasing Customs Salmones and aging them.

Wonderful cigars in true Partagas factory tradition, when on, including Cuabas, Bolivar RE China, Hamlets and La Chinas

Does LaChina still roll?

Winner is the Boli China RE but it costs a kidney.

i have a box, have not tried one yet. from what i see on this post...i'm looking at 50/50 chance they'll be good. i think mine is a 2011 box. anyone have a 2011 box that can tell me how its smoking?

There are actually two version of these. There area very rare, irregular production of 25 count dress boxes. I have only see a boxes of 02 and 05.

Yes, I have four singles of these (no second band), most likely from '05 or thereabouts - can't for the life of me remember where from though. Possibly loyalty freebies from a vendor. Can't seem to find any info on them though?

have had two, one really pretty good, one a tad under filled and therefore bland and hot…seems that's a fair summary of them

Have you smoked an Armonias recently?

Last time was in 2012 on vacation in Phukett. Absolutly stunning, the cigar that is, Phukett was nice but not stunning.

I've got a box/tin/100lb brick but I'm not about to crack them. Since my last sale went so well I think Ill test the waters with these biggrin.png

Yes, I have four singles of these (no second band), most likely from '05 or thereabouts - can't for the life of me remember where from though. Possibly loyalty freebies from a vendor. Can't seem to find any info on them though?

From Rolf maybe?