Por Larranaga Secretos Espana

I'm sure that you must have meant that you disagree. I can't imagine you being arrogant enough to categorically state that your word is gospel.

1/ can someone tell me at what time of recent history the proposal "you're wrong" has become an insult? Because when I learnt english, it wasn't the case and people didn't usually get on their high horse when they were told these words…

2/ Yes, France really needed a brand awareness boost for QdO: it happend in 2005, the marca was officialy re-launched, with a big event in Paris, by its distributor in France, Altadis.

3/ as Stevieboy wrote, Of course HSA are driven by sales. Any business that isn't will fail. By increasing the awareness, they will increase sales.

You are trying to prove a fact that everyone is aware… you are blaming HSA for their creative marketing, shouting they do it for the money, this is <<insert adjective that can not be taken as an insult>>

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i really don't get the point of this cigar, is it different enough to warrant purchasing for so much more than plpc? i would never consider purchasing this when i can buy montecarlos and the recent p

i thought it was amusing he listed the few exceptions to the rule as well yay there is a like button, i was gonna suggest this!

I do find it funny everyone banging on about what bastards hsa (a business) are for trying to make more money :P if I had x worth y, and by sticking anither band on x people would buy it for twice as much, could you really blame me for buying up the world's supply of bands and going to town??

Plus, I love an re me :D

These "others" are scammers, and pretty well known as such in Europe. If you purchase from them I would bet you have some fakes in your stash…

Could you PM me more info? At least on the German forum that I participate in they do not have a reputation for being scammers. Thanks!

I hope this cigar is good for the people of Spain. It regardless of a company's agenda hopefully they get a good smoke out of the deal. Part of why I like smoking is because for that period of time its like time almost stops. If they get some of that out of a cigar, and the collectors get their boxes, and they're good sticks I see it as a win all around.

• Like 1

On a related topic, I spoke with a cigar retailer in Jerez a few days ago.

He is, as far as I have been able to find, the only decent cigar retailer in the city. That is, the only one with anything more than a cabinet with a few Monte 4s and Quinteros.

This guy has a fairly well stocked shop, in a town well known to tourists, has a decent cafe culture and of course, Sherry.

I asked him if he could hold a box or two of the Secretos for me until July when I can get there again.

He told me he'd love to but he's not sure if he'll still be in business then. Cigar sales are down 70% in the last few years and he doesn't know if he'll still be in business by July.

It's sad, he's a lovely guy and he loves cigars, but it might help explain why Altadis put out a €3.85 regional this year.

A couple boxes of these arrived today and I could not resist. So I immediately opened a box and fired one up.

First of all, these are very young. They are still wet and very soft. I will have to put a couple in my desktop and dry them out and try again in a couple weeks.

Definitely a PL. But not crazy in your face PL flavors. I had to pay attention a bit. More on the stronger side of the PLs that I have had. But that is probably due to their youth.

Because these are so small, I imagine that they will mature quickly. I would not rush out and buy more of these now, especially since they made 8000 boxes and they will be around a long time. I will wait and see what happens over the next few months.

• Like 1

I like the fact that there are new sizes in some of my favorite brands,what I HATE is that they discontinue cigars such as punch ss#2 and the husc. I have not tried all of the le and re that have come out but to axe most of the coronas and corona extra lines to have these limited lines as a consumer sucks. My .o2

• Like 2

A couple boxes of these arrived today and I could not resist. So I immediately opened a box and fired one up.

First of all, these are very young. They are still wet and very soft. I will have to put a couple in my desktop and dry them out and try again in a couple weeks.

Definitely a PL. But not crazy in your face PL flavors. I had to pay attention a bit. More on the stronger side of the PLs that I have had. But that is probably due to their youth.

Because these are so small, I imagine that they will mature quickly. I would not rush out and buy more of these now, especially since they made 8000 boxes and they will be around a long time. I will wait and see what happens over the next few months.

Thanks for the feedback on the cigar.

They are still wet and very soft.

I'm afraid they're very soft because they're slightly underfilled, not because they're wet… My "source" has checked a number of boxes, and it seems like most of the cigars are a bit too light in weight for their size… grrr, I hate underfilled cigars… tantrum.gif

I'm afraid they're very soft because they're slightly underfilled, not because they're wet… My "source" has checked a number of boxes, and it seems like most of the cigars are a bit too light in weight for their size… grrr, I hate underfilled cigars… tantrum.gif

odd you say this as recently i commented on how every cohiba secretos i haveever smoked has felt light and underfilled and i hoped theywould pack it better in this release.

HSA has stopped deleting cigars but they still want to save up their tobacco, easy answer is to just put less in their cigars! idea.gif:D

Under-filled would be easy to stop, weigh the tobacco when it is given to a roller then weigh the finished cigars and scraps when they are done, might put an end to keeping a few leaves for own use?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Someone asked how Spain can sell cigars on line. They can't by law same for promoting tabac (store window). The only way a Spanish

store can sell on line is if they are outside the boundries of Spain this goes for the maritime boundry also.

Spain will be fine they always find a way, so what if they keep two sets of accounting ledgers one for the tax man and one

for the shop. I think the real issue is France they are the next pin to fall. Big trouble in the land of wine and gardens.

I give them I or 2 years at best before they end up like the rest of the southern countries in the Euro zone. Bad mooning

arising! For those who can travel see France now because in a couple of years you won't recognize the place.

They will all be speaking English (Gov. Mandate) being taught in lower grade schools and a push for it at

the univ. levels to bad I love diversity in life from countries to people to food, cars, laug., etc, etc, etc....

I think the real issue is France they are the next pin to fall. Big trouble in the land of wine and gardens.

I give them I or 2 years at best before they end up like the rest of the southern countries in the Euro zone. Bad mooning

arising! For those who can travel see France now because in a couple of years you won't recognize the place.

They will all be speaking English (Gov. Mandate) being taught in lower grade schools and a push for it at

the univ. levels to bad I love diversity in life from countries to people to food, cars, laug., etc, etc, etc....

surprised.gif Saturday night's drunkenness? What a pile of BS…

Someone asked how Spain can sell cigars on line. They can't by law same for promoting tabac (store window). The only way a Spanish

store can sell on line is if they are outside the boundries of Spain this goes for the maritime boundry also.

Spain will be fine they always find a way, so what if they keep two sets of accounting ledgers one for the tax man and one

for the shop. I think the real issue is France they are the next pin to fall. Big trouble in the land of wine and gardens.

What the heck does that have to do with this RE?