Medium/Full CC's

So I finally took the plunge and bought my first couple of boxes. I have found that I like more of the more intense Cubans. I bought a box of Bolivar Corona Junior and some Piedra to give a shot.

My question is that I am coming from mostly a Nicaraguan profile and I like more of the fuller body cigars. The best cigar I have ever had was a Bolivar Corona Junior with a couple years and a PSD 4.

What cigars would you guys recommend in the medium to full category in Cubans. I also am referring to flavor as well. I like an up front and in your face profile.

A young box of Partagas Shorts is very full and in your face. Almost reminded me of something Nicaraguan when I first tried them. They do mellow and get smoother as they age.

Yeah, the nicotine I realize isn't going to be as strong but I would like the flavors to be bold. Although the Bolivar Corona Junior I had seemed to have a good amount of strength.

Bolivar and Partagas are usually the power punchers (for me anyway). Followed up by Monte and Vegas Robaina.

If you like big smokes, hunt down Partagas Lusitania. On the opposite side of size would be the Partagas shorts. Those are not as strong, but they are damn good!

Bolivar Belicoso Fino has some kick to it as well,

And most people I know LOVE Boli PCs.

I would say, though, if you haven't had a Monte 2, it's a must. It is the quintessential Cuban cigar, encompassing all of what's special about them.

As you become more familiar with CCs and talk of them, you'll find that it's possible to get some with construction issues, or are in their "sick" period.

It just comes with the territory, unfortunately.

And lastly (thank god, right!), H. Upmann is probably my favorite brand, although they are more on the medium side. The Royal Robusto is just a Cuban dream. Work that into your mix if you can. Okay, I'm done

Whatever you choose grab a couple of single QDO corona just to try, nowhere else in the world can create a cigar like them. Mild/medium but a Cuban showcase

For big flavour hitters:

RyJ cazadorez

Bolivar gold medal

Montecristo especial #1

Partagas 898

Diplomatico #2

H.upmann #2

H.upmann magnum 46

Hoyo de Monterrey epicure #2

Not maybe big nicotine cigars but all are big flavour cigars with in your face unmistakable profiles

I would add young JL #2. Medium to fuller in strength but rich in fllavor and aroma.

RA Extra 2011 EL

Closest thing to an NC Cuba has to offer IMO. Not for me though but may be your speed based on your likes.

Do yourself a favor and grab a box/cab of RASS.

Yeah, I should add that most of my stuff will be smoked young unless I buy it already aged. I wish I had the patience. lol

I was concerned about this for myself, but I figure if you stack up boxes on a regular basis and before you know it they will age themselves.

Recent production is very very good young, a year of age and you are going to have an excellent smoking experience, don't stress about ageing :)

This is so true. Recent Hoyo #2's and JL #2's have been great.

For me at least, lately the mild to medium cc's seem to have the most flavor.

The Cazadores are strong, not as strong as they used to be, but still strong. Still, I don't find the Caz to be full on flavour, just full on strength. I would much prefer something like Partagas Shorts, Boli PC, SCDLH El Principe, Monte PE, BBF, and on and on and on.

You'll figure it out. Enjoy the ride.

For a big nicotine kick, pound for pound I've found the Trinidad Coloniales the strongest Cuban cigar.

That's ironic, because they are the cigar that I think of for the exact opposite : )

Have you had recent production coloniales? That's one of my favs but haven't bought a box in a few years... Haven't even had one in a few years for that matter!

They have a very refined flavour, but strong on nicotine none the less in my experience. I have a box from 2008 and have smoked 2010 examples as well. Haven't had anything newer than that as a comparison I'm afraid.