2014 Cigar Wish List?

For me, 2013 was a blow-out year...I spent more money on cigars, thanks to the seller 2012/2013 vintage than I may ever in my life.. 15 boxes. Now, I am sure that is low for may of our fellow Friends.

2014..not to sure what that will bring, but here are my 2014 plans and wishes:

More space - currently I am using Fuente Cigar Bags as a temporary store device since both my humidors are filled.

Boxes of the following:

Partagas Shorts

Hoyo 2

2 to 3 boxes of Limited/Regional releases

More storage space

H Upmann Con 1

H Upmann 46

Juan Lopez - 2 to 3 boxes of 1 and 2

and at least 3 boxes of HQ specials from the Prez!

What is in your wish list?

Storage, and more importantly funds, will be my biggest obstacles this year. I only have room for 6 or so more boxes so I better make some good choices.

Sir Winston's

HU Connie 1

HU RR (maybe 2 boxes)

PLPC

Cohiba Robusto or Especiales

Siglo 2

And a special box from JUN 13, my 2nd son's bday month.

Plan is to buy singles this year to smoke and get through a wide variety of all marcas/vitolas and then lay down my boxes without touching them, trying one every 6 months to see how they age. Will try to stick to a box a month, on the current shortlist is:

JL1

Regios

Cuaba Generosos

D4's

Monte Especiales

Hoyo DC

PLPC Cab

More Lusi's

Upmann Nr 2

Hoyo Epi 1

Des Dieux

Connie 1

Siglo 4

RA Gigantes

RYJ Churchill

Punch DC

Sir Winnies

Although ask me in 6 months time and I'll probably give you a totally different list

Running three desk tops and a tupperdor right now, so I need a nice furniture style humidor. Something that will hold at least 30-40 boxes. I don't think I'll ever accumulate more than that at any given time. Want a box of Sir Winstons (never had one, but all the buzz....), and restocking boxes of my favorites along the way (RASS, JL Sel 2, Monte 4's, Boli PC's, BRC's, SCDLH El Principe's, Shorts, et al).

Half of last year and most of this year has been pretty bad for me as I was on a buying streak, but I've slowed down the last couple of months due to funds. But now I'm starting to know what I enjoy and don't have to buy every box that seems interesting. Sig 6, Qdo Coronas, and 898's are definite in the future and maybe some fivers of things I want to try.

Skinnier and longer LE, RE and don't cut any more smaller ring gauges or cabs. That's my wish.....

No real list

Sounds hokie but I just want a great year with my wife and I under the same roof with a few memorable box purchases and loads of good times smoking some cigars.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.390128,-81.404662

12 bundles of Authentic Monsdales innocent.gif

Please explain "Monsdales". I've done a search here and I take it these are custom rolls of a particular size/shape? I don't see any mention of them on Trevor's site, but knowing how extensive his site is I probably missed it.

....to finally finish the shelves/drawers for my wineador. Can't seem to find the time to finish my last shelf.

Cigar wise, I'd like to have a solid plan of how to age boxes and not touch them. This has got to be something others are still struggling with. Purchase wise, I'd like to stock up on good boxes of what I'm really diggin. CoRo, RASS, Party Shorts....

Other expected purchases:

Encantos

PLPC

Perlas

El Principe

HURR

Selectos Finos

Please explain "Monsdales". I've done a search here and I take it these are custom rolls of a particular size/shape? I don't see any mention of them on Trevor's site, but knowing how extensive his site is I probably missed it.

The Monsdales are the cigars that were rolled by Enrique Mons. His favorite cigar is the Montecristo No. 1, some botls believe that these cigars are like the Montecristos of old, tremendous, full bodied cigars. Mons used to roll these cigars to order but I think he doesn't anymore.

Lots of things on my radar for 2014, if funds allow. Immediately on my radar:

Punch DC

RG PC

Upmann PC, Majestic and No.2

HdM Palmas Extra

Cab RASS

Cigars which are mostly unexplored by me and I want to try out to see if I like:

LGC

QD'O

RyJ

Tough question as I buy anything that looks good on this site. What I am always willing to stock when quality is great:

Epi 2's

Monte 2's

HU 2's

RASS 50 cabs

BPC

BRC

CORU

Boxes I am looking to add off hand next year:

Monte 520- heard great things

LGC- same heard good things

QD'O- 898's have a few boxes but always looking to acquire as many high end boxes as I can find

Cohiba espie- would like another box

Not sure yet if I want to get into the LE and Regional game. Have a few boxes I bought this year but the prices are high and there is alot of great quality cigars out there at half the price.