Opinion on Bolivar Libertadores?

Have only received a few boxes of these and ill post them up later today.

Have never had one. What is the consensus of how they are smoking young, ageing potential?

Brand: Bolívar Commercial Name: Libertador Factory Name: Sublimes Measures: Ring gauge 54 (21,43 mm) x 164 mm in length Presentation: Semi Boite Nature (SBN) Box of 10 units

post-4-0-18156600-1386031930_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-96707100-1386031931_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find HSA productions (written and pictorial) are hilarious. For years I thought John Cleese wrote their material

How could a 54rg cigar resemble a 42rg cigar, even in the same marca? If the GM is a cask strenght non filtered extra peated whisky, the Libertadore is a long drink coming from the same distillery…

Enjoyed another one of these two days ago. Delicious cigar that should age quite nicely. Would definitely consider purchasing more boxes.

I smoked one in Havana. I found it to be a bit light bodied for the 1st two thirds. The last third had some nice coffee grounds, rich tobacco flavours. Otherwise, for such a large cigar, I think it underperformed. Maybe a good 1+ years of rest will do it some good?

I am waiting for the 38 RG version - 25 tasty smokes for the price of 10 volado bombs.

• Like 1

I am waiting for the 38 RG version - 25 tasty smokes for the price of 10 volado bombs.

Same here.While I know some people like the Sublime vitola,it's just too big for me.

• 3 months later...

I couldn't resist buying 2 boxes of these last night during the 12 for 12. Crazy good deal so I hope they are worth it. I'm a novice when it comes to the CC's but during the last 4 months I've started figuring out what I like and if these end up like I hope they will, I'll be ecstatic that I bought them.

Really enjoyed the one I've had. Quite mild, not in the Bolivar profile as I think about it, but smooth, creamy and delicious, with coffee undertones.

This. I missed the deal, unfortunately.

absolutely loved them! They need a little time in the humidor but the one that i tried really reminded me of the french RE. Need to go deep on those biggrin.png

^^ +1

like a young CG :). And like a good CG, 3 years should be good enough.

I did enjoy the young'un though. Very pleasurable smoke. Until the last sixth. Methinks they need a real good dryboxing :)

On notes of boli subs, I also got a box of Presidents. Anyone know how those Swiss ones are tasting??

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

^^ +1

like a young CG smile.png. And like a good CG, 3 years should be good enough.

I did enjoy the young'un though. Very pleasurable smoke. Until the last sixth. Methinks they need a real good dryboxing smile.png

On notes of boli subs, I also got a box of Presidents. Anyone know how those Swiss ones are tasting??

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

Was quite impressed with the one sample I have tried. Rich, flavorful, complex...Plan on picking up a couple of Boxes on my next trip over later this Month.

Was quite impressed with the one sample I have tried. Rich, flavorful, complex...Plan on picking up a couple of Boxes on my next trip over later this Month.

I like em....

over the elegantes, clasicos, and even Truinfos!?!

what about those petit unicos too? or do your plan on hunting them alllll down ;)

Have not tried them yet, have a box out there somewhere on its way. Was a great deal 2 boxes for 300. Was surprised I did not pull the trigger. Just have not heard many if any reviews yet.

Did like the one sampler i've had. As said before a little light and the flavours were not very distinct, but from my limited experience with aging cigars I felt it will be better in time. Its a bit big for what flavours it delivers just now

Have not tried them yet, have a box out there somewhere on its way. Was a great deal 2 boxes for 300. Was surprised I did not pull the trigger. Just have not heard many if any reviews yet.

I was on the fence but figured for that price I couldn't miss out. Was one of those to good to be missed offers. I figured if I don't like them I can find someone to trade with here.