Opinion on Bolivar Libertadores?

Smoking one tonight. I'm really enjoying it! thumbsup.gif

Half way and it's had a great burn, very nice ash too.

I was expecting a very strong cigar (since Bolivar seems to have such a reputation) but I agree with others - not so strong.

I purchased two boxes in Havana in November. Only half way through and I don't think I'm going to be able to set both boxes aside. Smoke one (as time permits) and store the second.

The only other Bolivar I've had a box of was the Gold Medal from 2009. I was never really impressed with it (except for the presentation - beautiful). The last time I smoked one (this year sometime) I still wasn't knocked out. A few years didn't seem to add anything to the taste. Only one left... I think I'll keep it as a memento!

Merry Christmas,

/Dave

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find HSA productions (written and pictorial) are hilarious. For years I thought John Cleese wrote their material

How could a 54rg cigar resemble a 42rg cigar, even in the same marca? If the GM is a cask strenght non filtered extra peated whisky, the Libertadore is a long drink coming from the same distillery…

Enjoyed another one of these two days ago. Delicious cigar that should age quite nicely. Would definitely consider purchasing more boxes.