Partagas Factory as you haven't seen it before

Probably everybody here is familiar with how the Partagas factory in Havana looks.

Probably the most recognisable cigar factory in the world in its cream and terracotta.

post-3053-0-32151200-1384266772_thumb.jp

Today I got a copy of a photograph from Rob Fox, taken by his father Ron in Havana in 1980.

Who'd have thought..

post-3053-0-88030700-1384266770_thumb.jp

It's strange I associate the cream and brown if partagas with the flavour: cream and paprika, same as QDO bands being custard and lemon coloured and flavoured, sancho Panza a rustic chocolate and being rustic dark choc in flavour

I wonder if at some point in the 80s there was a decision to try to associate flavours iof certain cigars with the presentation?

It's strange I associate the cream and brown if partagas with the flavour: cream and paprika, same as QDO bands being custard and lemon coloured and flavoured, sancho Panza a rustic chocolate and being rustic dark choc in flavour

I wonder if at some point in the 80s there was a decision to try to associate flavours iof certain cigars with the presentation?

Were this a less gentlemanly cigar board I'd speculate about the La Gloria Cubana taste/presentation innocent.gif

post-13571-0-33167700-1384436758_thumb.j

I thought about that many times:

Montecristo: Coffee

H.Upmann (old bands): Chocolate, Hazelnuts

Vegueros: Mint

Bolivar: Lemon and Leather