What to stock up on now?

Reading the depressing threads on how great cigars like RA 898, Punch Ninfas, ect have been discontinued through the years and not really available to the newbie like myself, what are the 3 cigars that you would stock up on or are stocking up on for this reason?

I won't tell!

Anything La Gloria Cubana

This Marca was thought to be dead but some of the lines have resurfaced with 2013 box dates

Not sure if they will be around much longer though

Ramon Allones Superiores

The LCDH stick has pretty much run its course and I'm pretty sure they arent being rolled anymore. Still plenty around if you know where to look and in 10 count boxes they are very affordable for such a great stick. Buy as many as you can afford!

Any cigar you like that comes in a 50 cab

With the shift turning to more affordable cigars, I think the 50 cab packaging option is not long for this world. Marcas that offer a stick in 10 count, 25 count and 50 Cabs (think Parti Lustiana) will stop producing sticks in the larger packaging as peoples cigar budgets shrink and prices go up.

It's quite a difficult thing to plan in advance without trying things. I bought a box of PL Montecarlos on a whim, they haven't really done anything for me so far so I'm unlikely to buy more at this point. Of course, by the time I get towards the end of the box, I'll have decided that I love them, they'll have been discontinued and I'll be cursing myself for not buying boxes and boxes...

I will throw Upmann Royal Robusto in there though!

Monti 4 box date POU DIC 12..Initially I purchased two box's and might hassle RA for more . Seriously these are terrific, I know they are not discontinued and will probably never be . At present I am smoking nothing else, just loving them.

I'd stock up on some QdO Imperiales (or any others because how knows how long the others will be around) and the smaller format HdM smokes and the SLR DC

Great cigars get axed, new ones come on the block. I wouldn't think too much of it, and wouldn't really stock up on anything for that reason alone.

I would agree as long as you like fatter cigars. If however you like cigars with a 42RG and less then these types seem to be getting axed with very few replacements if any, especially with any length to them.

I would agree as long as you like fatter cigars. If however you like cigars with a 42RG and less then these types seem to be getting axed with very few replacements if any, especially with any length to them.

Good point, I'm a 46 RG and under guy. The 42 and under croud has very slim pickings.

Is your depression (as you say) a function of not having them, or that you liked them and now can't buy them? Buy what you like. Smoke what you like.

Depression is a strong word I suppose but at a forum like this I wasn't trying to be too literal. Hearing some of the old boys of habanos talk about some of these greats that are gone just got me thinking. Nothing really past that...

Reading the depressing threads on how great cigars like RA 898, Punch Ninfas, ect have been discontinued through the years and not really available to the newbie like myself, what are the 3 cigars that you would stock up on or are stocking up on for this reason?

I won't tell!

Many discontinued/aged/vintage can still be found, maybe not as readily available as a while ago, but still around. Find out what you like and a little research will go a long way. First, you might want to look for local brands, produced in limited quantities and see if you like it - just a suggestionidea.gif

Diplomáticos

El Rey del Mundo

La Gloria Cubana

Quai d'Orsay

Sancho Panza