LGC Medaille d'or no. 3

Wil

Picked these up on another forum. Outer cardboard box was discarded but I'm told they are RSE AGO02.

They look and smell great but the red smoke on the bands has me wondering. Significant yellowing on the wax paper.

Apologies for the poor quality photos (rubbish phone!). Will post some better pics later.

* Couldn't get a close up of the band with my phone, so the photo of the band is from this thread as they are exactly the same. Interestingly, they are also RSE but from JUL02.

Thanks in advance,

Wil

post-5617-0-54305100-1383181513_thumb.jp

post-5617-0-24653300-1383181526_thumb.jp

post-5617-0-38131900-1383181538_thumb.jp

post-5617-0-81890600-1383181558_thumb.jp

post-5617-0-41173100-1383181638_thumb.jp

There are quite a few things wrong with those bands. Red Smoke, White feather in her hair should be red. should read Habana under her pic. to name a few.

There are quite a few things wrong with those bands. Red Smoke, White feather in her hair should be red. should read Habana under her pic. to name a few.

^ yeah, what Tom said

I have a box OSU SEP 02 The bands are so so small.. I had to get the magnifying glass out ...Looks like I might need glasses. That said the feather is definitely red / orange in colour . Purchased from FOH Asian Pacific Vintage stock so all good. Tried get take a pic for you but just to blurry on that small band 28 ring gauge I think. I might just fire one up now.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

On closer inspection, the bands aren't quite exactly the same as the ones in the photo above. The feather is actually red. And it does say Habana at the bottom of the band (this is apparent in the pic above too, although somewhat sketchy).

Will post a pic of the band tonight when I get home.

Main issue is the red smoke...

I have a box OSU SEP 02 The bands are so so small.. I had to get the magnifying glass out ...Looks like I might need glasses. That said the feather is definitely red / orange in colour . Purchased from FOH Asian Pacific Vintage stock so all good. Tried get take a pic for you but just to blurry on that small band 28 ring gauge I think. I might just fire one up now.

Cheers mate! Enjoy.

A close up of the bands. Printing is a bit different! It does say 'Habana' at the bottom, but not as bold as my LGC 4s.

Not sure what to do with these. Send them back to the guy or just try one and see how they go? The look and smell good....

post-5617-0-19312600-1383208597_thumb.jp

post-5617-0-70659000-1383208619_thumb.jp

post-5617-0-77562200-1383208629_thumb.jp

I can believe the printing,the rush was on back then and they made a lot of cigars.The small size would be hard to make,cannot think anyone would fake such a small stick.

Smoke one,for sure.

These are products from a third world country. The words "quality control" is not part of their vocabulary ;) The only way to judge is by the tobacco... aroma and flavor. The rest is not that important... as long as the obvious "red flags" are not a concern.

This is the most aromatic of all LGC cigars. It has an unmistakable nose. I think you should try one, and it will be very obvious after about 5 puffs.

Thanks again guys. I'll light one up in the next week or two and post a review on the forum.

I love searching for pictures on the net... a fun activity for me. Sorry these are blurry but this is the best I could do in PS. One comment I remember from a while ago though, why would anyone fake this brand? Hardly anyone knows about it, for the effort, more money to be made on Coheeba or Monty.

As you can see, Wil's ribbon is suspect too.

post-8371-0-07528300-1383307026_thumb.jp

LGC MDO #3 is one of my all-time favorites. Never came across a fake one and the printing on the bands is all over the place. I'd say smoke one - more than likely they are real.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a great cigar. It was very mellow, with a beautiful hint of sweetness throughout. It definitely rewarded retrohaling, as it was a very subtle, complex cigar.

I'm satisfied that these are real. Cheers guys :)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, what a great cigar. It was very mellow, with a beautiful hint of sweetness throughout. It definitely rewarded retrohaling, as it was a very subtle, complex cigar.

I'm satisfied that these are real. Cheers guys :)

Can't be any better than those NCs on CA's Top 25! Gurkhas for everyone!