Ok... Ok....

I know there aren't many gamers on here, I'm not a big gamer myself. But I have followed the GTA series since I was a kid and I have been very much looking forward to this week for the last several years!

GTA V was released on Tuesday breaking every sales record for a video game release.

I've spent the last two days pretty much engrossed in this awesome game. This is the most impressive so far.

Anybody else?

I appreciate I may be barking up the wrong tree lol.

Tanks for reading!

Stevie.

I love the gta series myself, but i have yet to buy this game...i know if i buy it my social life is over lol. But i know myself and i'll cave eventually. what impresses me is they originally thought the game would gross 1 billion in sales in a month, but they will probably hit the billion dollar sales mark in less than a week. thats bonkers.

I remember playing Vice City in my teens and thinking it was just amazing but none of the subsequent titles have done it for me (I do love the 80s though). V has come a little out of nowhere for me because I've not been following its progress in any way (I only really play mmo's these days). I'd be interested in finding out a little more about it though, you obviously think very highly of it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Some of the stuff that's possible in the game in mind-numbing. The level of detail in it is truly mesmerising.

The money it's making as noted by riaz is unheard of. The developers made back the amount they spent making in it in less than 24 hours. Every copy sold from here on out is money in their pockets.

They have also for the first time hired proper script writers, the story in this game is much more engrossing and believable.

Styler: Vice City is my second favourite game of all time (after Metal Gear Solid) but my favourite GTA, and because GTA 4 and GTA 5 were set in liberty city and San Andreas respectively... That means the next installment of the series will be set in Vice City. I would love to see a remake of the original and have it set In the 80's but it will prob be set in present day.

In summary: GTA V is epic!

P.S. This should go without saying for any GTA game, but you def do NOT want to play this in front of your kid, some of the dialogue requires a very open mind lol. Not to mention the relentless violence.

800 million dollars earned and counting.... amazing.... and I've wandered past my local gamestop considering purchasing a PS3 and GTA5 because I'm a huge fan of the series.... but somehow managed to walk away at the last moment.... now you may have pushed passed the door and inside...

does GTA stand for Gran Turismo Autoracing?

I am yet to purchase the game, and I love gaming where I get a chance!!

The main reason I haven't purchased it is because I'm actually holding off for the next Gen consoles in November vs buying a game for the current XBOX 360 because I know I wont finish it prior to the new console release.

What are your thoughts on the game bud? Biggest map for the GTA series I've read.

Grand theft auto

So it's a game where you steal cars????

Yes and pick up prostitutes...etc

No wonder China's culture and economy beats us at everything!

Mate of mine bought it yesterday and he cant put it down, loves it. Huge map and he says you can do so much stuff.

Found this on costings etc

At a cost of roughly $A292 million, the game cost more to make than many Hollywood blockbusters. That's more than it cost to make Avatar.

Experts are predicting that the game could generate more than $1 billion during its first month on sale with expected sales of more than 25 million copies.

"We expect GTA 5 to outpace GTA 4 sales, and generate roughly $1 billion in retail sales during the first month," said Colin Sebastian of private equity firm, Robert W. Baird.

WOW!

My fiances brother has been glued to the tv for the past week or so (since the game came out) he sleeps for about three hours, works part time, than plays. I have picked it up twice, and managed to only get sucked in for a hour or so each time. Fantastic game, just wish I had the time to really appreciate it.

I am yet to purchase the game, and I love gaming where I get a chance!!

The main reason I haven't purchased it is because I'm actually holding off for the next Gen consoles in November vs buying a game for the current XBOX 360 because I know I wont finish it prior to the new console release.

Same with me. I'm not a HUGE gamer, but I do pick up FIFA and Madden each year religiously. I am waiting till the PS4 before I purchase any more games. There are some pretty incredible looking games on the new consoles though (Black Flag, Destiny, Battlefront etc) :D

I heard the sountrack is kday inspired (the original LA hip hop station) and pretty much the greatest ever.

Apparently the soundtrack is immense, all my friends who have played it have been raving.

My life for the last week has been this...

Work.

GTA V

Work.

GTA V

my girlfriend thinks I've been kidnapped lol.

In all seriousness though it's a great game, since I discovered how to steal the fighter jet it's been pure chaos!

My life for the last week has been this...

Work.

GTA V

Work.

GTA V

my girlfriend thinks I've been kidnapped lol.

In all seriousness though it's a great game, since I discovered how to steal the fighter jet it's been pure chaos!

fighter jet ?!?!?!?! i havent got that far yet