Where is your favorite place to enjoy a cigar

It maybe the malecon in Havana or somewhere close to home that just makes the experience a little better. We have a beach close by me where I enjoy sitting on a log or in a beach chair and listening to the waves while staring at the Olympic mountains in Washington.

original.jpg

Where is yours?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely spot to smoke. At first I began imagining my dream spot, lying next to (insert name of current obsession here) on a secluded Thai beach after providing mutual passionate satisfaction. Then I realized you are looking for reality based smoking locations. I love strolling through St. James in London with a nice Robusto.

Right at home. I just feel a little out of place being a woman and smoking non-skinny cigars in public.

Right at home. I just feel a little out of place being a woman and smoking non-skinny cigars in public.

x+1

Sometimes I just feel a little out of place being a woman and smoking skinny cigars in public.

Do you have the same experience, people start to stumble if they see you?

My fav place is sitting on the balcony of my apartment late at night. It's above the noise and bustle of NYC, has decent views, and allows me to completely relax.

Envious, NYC's an awesome place! Sister used to live there for a long while and had a good time hanging out for weeks at a time while she worked during the day. Wasn't into cigars then but would love to visit sometime, sit (if there's anywhere left) and enjoy a cigar.

At the counter in Bar Monserrate in Havana, band on and a few beers, yapping with strangers.

At the counter in the Gato Tuerto, Havana, having a laugh with the staff.

At the counter in the Salon de Historia in the Hotel Nacional, unwinding after the flight, watching the best Mojito in Havana being made for me.

I suppose there's a bit of a theme here.

First cigar with Hamlet at Partagas, first cigar with Punch Joe wherever. I could go on.

Lighting up the first Mario Perez panetela of the trip. On and on.

I get that look, smoker on the beach ! It is usually from someone who has their dog with them off leash. There is no rule against smoking on this beach but technically there is about dog off leash.

I always try to be a responsible cigar smoker but we have rights.

At the counter in Bar Monserrate in Havana, band on and a few beers, yapping with strangers.

At the counter in the Gato Tuerto, Havana, having a laugh with the staff.

At the counter in the Salon de Historia in the Hotel Nacional, unwinding after the flight, watching the best Mojito in Havana being made for me.

I suppose there's a bit of a theme here.

First cigar with Hamlet at Partagas, first cigar with Punch Joe wherever. I could go on.

Lighting up the first Mario Perez panetela of the trip. On and on.

More notes for my Cuba trip, Thanks!

there is a restaurant in newport where 90% of my smoking is done, the ashtray is the dirt, there are fire pits, heat lamps and wonderful staff...i've probably gone several hundred times and it's a meeting point for friends, such a great spot

also on my porch shielded from the wind where i can see the smoke rise up

Sitting on my back deck surrounded by woods. Comfortable chair, beverages at hand, typically nice and quiet.

1. Backyard watching fireflies spring/summer, butterflies mid-summer enjoying nectar from flowers and all manner

of birds late summer/early fall preparing for the winter migration southward.

2. The "Owl Shop" in New Haven, Ct for those cold and wet winters, great array of fine whiskies, bourbons and

malts. Also cigars buy the boat load NC's/Hondr's but I perfer to bring CC's which is ok as long as you

buy (at least a soda) food or drink. A very good deal one of the only places in the northeast that allow drinking/smoking/eating

under the same roof. cheers

Sitting on my patio overlooking the lake.

On my boat.

Sitting on Rush's step watching the 5th ave crowd go by with a cold Corona in my had.(I'm hoping he'll return to Playa)

Right now I would say our backyard. We have a vegetable garden, flowers and fruit trees. Certain days I have seen woodpeckers, a rabbit, blue jays, finches, cardinals as well as the local squirrels and birds that nest in our shed. Oh and the beauty is only Super amplified watching my American Bulldog laying down and taking in the sun.

I usually prefer the peace and quiet of my back porch but if I'm in the mood for lots of noise and people watching, I will make my way to the cigar lounge in the north end of Boston....and the waitresses aren't bad either.

Anywhere with friends. Could be in a cigar lounge, back porch or a beach. As long as there are good cigars and good conversation I'm happy. That being said, on my terrace overlooking the ocean ain't half bad.

Overall winner is on the porch in front of our shop in Playa del Carmen. You get to see the whole world walk by every night.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.389992,-81.404460

Sitting on my patio overlooking the lake.

On my boat.

Sitting on Rush's step watching the 5th ave crowd go by with a cold Corona in my had.(I'm hoping he'll return to Playa)

Awww, I miss you too! I miss PDC as well.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.390079,-81.404468