Hotel Nacional De Cuba ash trays

You wouldn't believe how many people would buy it just to show off. I see some posted here regularly in the daily smoke thread where I know for a fact that the person did not pick it up themselves and has never been to Cuba.

Nobody came through with a sample, so this is not moving forward.

I've got one and have never been to Cuba

I wanted a nice ash tray and found the market supremely lacking in options made of pink marble

A BOTL arranged to pick me one up on his trip and I was grateful for his efforts

I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the fact that most of my cigar smoking friends don't have one, but that was not my sole reason for chasing one down.

Its a good size and gets used daily. Its not some mass produced HSA cash grab or some small piece of china with "siglo written on it somewhere

While I cant say I personally picked it up on my last trip to Cuba, I can say I enjoy its colour and the grain of the marble its made of, even if it didn't have Hotel National carved in it

There is also the benefit of being able to knock someone out with it in the event of a home invasion

post-15315-0-90273800-1448337762_thumb.j

• Like 2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So last night I am rushing home to get Valentine's Day present to my wife and my neighbor (who I smoke with quite often) yells at me to stop over.  I knew he had been in Cuba for a week.  I get up on

I didn't care for the heavy marble bases they added to the large ones.  If you thought they were heavy before they are extremely heavy now.  I passed on the large with the heavy base and got 2 smaller

So if you haven't been to Cuba you can't own or use one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course not. My point was regarding the "intrinsic value" comment above mine.

I bought one of mine myself, and then traded a boat load of htf sticks for my other. Totally worth it both times in my opinion. f98b322ab79c5e09534798b55d10f56e.jpgd3706101d888aa0ebc8fa0febe610139.jpgab497bbff5379f5a04098a87cf7a9656.jpg also borrowed one from palacio o'farrill.... Definitely one you dont see much off. I'd like to get a conde Villanueva one too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

After going to Cuba this year and coming back empty handed.......... Nearly bought the one on eBay recently BUT not for $200!!!!

18 hours ago, dshapiro said:

Got this little guy last night in the lobby for 15CUC. No round ones. 

image.jpg

Any chance you could proxy another one exactly like this? I know it's a huge ask but I'd make it worthwhile. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Denali_21 said:

Any chance you could proxy another one exactly like this? I know it's a huge ask but I'd make it worthwhile. 

I'm back in the states. I should be heading back sometime early next year and can get you one then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dshapiro said:

I'm back in the states. I should be heading back sometime early next year and can get you one then. 

That would be amazing. I'll send you a PM 

3 hours ago, SoCalSmoker said:

I didn't care for the heavy marble bases they added to the large ones.  If you thought they were heavy before they are extremely heavy now.  I passed on the large with the heavy base and got 2 smaller styles.  A few were hassled by TSA in their carryon stating they could be used as weapons (sic).

That dark gray one is sweet.  Haven't seen that style before.  Nice score!

I didn't care for the heavy marble bases they added to the large ones.  If you thought they were heavy before they are extremely heavy now.  I passed on the large with the heavy base and got 2 smaller styles.  A few were hassled by TSA in their carryon stating they could be used as weapons (sic).

IMG504421291.jpg

Wow. That dark gray one is awesome!!'

If any Aussies are heading over and would be happy to leave one in the US (I'm Aussie btw) I'd be happy to pay in hugs and sloppy kisses!

7 hours ago, SoCalSmoker said:

IMG504421291.jpg

Nice score Deem, I know you wanted one for a while 

8 hours ago, SoCalSmoker said:

A few were hassled by TSA in their carryon stating they could be used as weapons (sic).

That was me in Mexico City airport. Thank God @CanuckSARTech Air Marshall'd the hell outta the Security folks to convince them I wasn't going to knock out the Pilot with my ashtray!

I'm very happy to finally have one after many years of wanting one.  It was worth the wait!

• Like 4

They are lovely ashtrays. I have one big one left and two smaller ones. They were hard to find for a while though there were a few on sale in November. As long as they can find someone to keep making them, they'll always sell. The secondary market for them is growing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BMWBen said:

Has anyone ever seen any similar pink marble ash trays for sale? Im not concerned if it says hotel nacional I just like the look of a marble ash tray.

Actually saw a couple of the pink marble with black ashtrays for sale at a couple of cigar shops.  On,y said Habana/Cuba. Prices were similar. These were shops in Havana Vieja so perhaps the army has conscripted the marble guys.....