Upmann Sir Winston fans, need your opinions

I'm considering a box as a special occasion 1-2 a year type cigar, I've never had one only the Mag 46 and 50 from the Upmann line. Just looking for thoughts on flavor profile, body and long term ie. 10+yr aging ability. Like I said I've never had a Sir Winnie but I've read reviews and watched the video review and Rob uses the word "class" alot and I like that aspect in a special occasion cigar but I want it to have legs to last so I don't pick up a cigar and it's super mild in 10 or 15yrs. What are your thoughts those that have experience with this cigar and it would be either a 2012 or 2013 box.

One of my top 3 smokes. I have multiple boxes hoarded away for the long term.

Having said that, I recommend trying a few singlesfirst. They are a polarizing cigar and have a lot of people wondering why they have the reputation that they do.

Well, the blind tasting sticks from last year had a huge rate of bad cigars (either construction or flavor-wise). The 2002/3 that I had were all outstanding, however. I just am not a fan of the vitola so I don't own any.

One of my Top 3 Cigars! Love them!

For the aging potential you can't go wrong with a Sr Winston.

Though, as you never taste this cigar i'd have a few before investing in a box. This cigar is quite different than a Mag 46 (don't have taste enough Mag 50 for compare) and personally it took me a long time before appreciating this cigar (now i am a big fan).

My 2 cts.

Maybe I'll try and snag a couple singles to try first since it seems like there is time since these seem to be unavailable at the moment.

I can't comment on recent production, but a box from 2000 was great. Currently smoking through an '03 box, and they are equally excellent. If recent production are near the ones I've smoked, there should be little concern with flavor loss over eight, ten, twelve years.

Personally, I find that they share family traits with the magnum 46 (another fave), though I guess I'd call the SW more refined. But if you enjoy the 46, I can't imagine you'd dislike the SW.

I Bought a box this year from our gracious host, DIC 12, are these approachable young? I always try out young cigars, but would hate to have one of these if they are too young as they are pretty hard to get.

keen following and they only release them every few years, i think.

Is this actually the case? I've read this before and that they use specially selected tobacco for it..... are these all fibs? Anyone actually know for certain.

I have a box from 08 ....smoke one a year on sons bday.....they have been epic....

Thanks to all who replied hopefully Rob gets some in his next shipment. But I guess even if they don't have the correct box code this looks like the cigar for the purpose I'm looking for.