Cigar Mistakes

I am sure many here have had their fair share of mishaps while smoking! Thought it would be fun to swap some stories. Maybe it's me, but have had quite a few "uh oh" moments with the leaf...

Nobody is perfect...

One afternoon, about a year ago, I went over to a buddy's house to enjoy a cigar and drinks. Local weather at the time was extremely dry, high heat and winds, also on a burn ban. Really didn't think much of it. A few drinks later on the deck... Was enjoying a lovely PL Robusto (a favorite summer smoke), put down the cigar on the patio ledge leaned by my lighter, went in to make a drink or two or three, got sidetracked...

About 15-20 mins later my friend's wife sees smoke from outside and screams down to the basemenr bar. The two of us, completely oblivious, look out to see that not just one but two adjacent bushes were on fire along with a chunk of grasses next to where I laid my cigar!!! First I was in amazement that a PL could pack that much heat :P, but then realized how much of an idiot I was for leaving it un attended on a dry, hot, windy summer day right near plants. My friend just laughed, but felt bad so I gave him a handful of cigars for my apologies :). Funny thing- afterwards said he was planning to get rid of the bushes soon but was too lazy to do it! Looks like that PL came in handy. Burnt em' pretty good...

I guess we have to live, smoke and learn (and maybe watch our alcohol intake on occasion)!

Let's share some fun, goofy, odd, accidental, etc kind of cigar stories, I am hoping there are some out there, just spilled out my embarrassing one so let me know what you got!

Trying to make my own cigar wrapper glue on the fly ,with none of the usual ingredients on hand. Horrible, Horrible idea!

I'm fairly certain either crunched up Cheetos dust and/or instant pudding mix was used in the making of said miracle paste.

was washing my hands one time and cigar fell out of my mouth into the sink, luckily it was a too young upmann iirc that i wasn't enjoying anyway

another time was walking to my car, unlit cigar between my teeth, getting ready to meet a buddy to herf with, open door, sit down and naturally lean forward, cigar hits steering wheel pushing cigar into my mouth with teeth tearing it apart as it went in LOL!!! damn...

rested hand on jeans with lit cigar, took a sip of drink laughing with my mate before I knew it realized i was barely resting the foot on my t shirt and burned a small hole, 6 bux down the drain good thing it wasn't one of my expensive ones

Painting my deck.... RA Superiores... Cigar smoked for only 5 mins... Before being dropped into 20 litre tin of Dulux Ironstone paint....

All I can say is, be careful where the hot ash falls when you are smoking with a cat on your lap or your days of 'romance' might be limited.

Unlit cigar in mouth, was on the deck starting the grill, headed back in the house through my sliding door to grab my beer. I didn't realize my four year old was behind me and decided to close the screen door after me. Needless to say, ran into screen door, cigar ruined, but the four year old had a good laugh.

Also, putting hot end in mouth when inebriated, but that is a monthly occurrence!

Accidentally inhaling a huge puff of smoke from a bolivar petit corona when I was in Edinburgh.

Had to run to the bathroom to throw up and had bloodshot eyes for the rest of the evening to which my girlfriend wouldn't go out the restaurant with me! Lol.

Still finished the BPC though...

These stories are priceless! Sitting on a patio near my house at a cigar shop with these guys, trying to look suave and debonair, smoke went in the wrong way. A coughing fit ensued, drink spit out and needless to say any dignity down the drain.

Thanks for all the shares! I've had a good chuckle now and guess I'm not the only one with a cigar fail story :)

Another, once I was sitting smoking with sandals on and the monte edmundo fell directly onto my foot landing straight down somehow, still have a scar from that 52 RG burn! Like Perla, also don't like branding

Once, a rather attractive woman decided to sit in my lap. She did not look closely or she would have noticed my lit cigar sitting right where she was about to sit. Poor girl was wearing a short skirt and burned herself.

She did not attempt to sit in my lap again.

Great thread! I've experienced my fair share. Witness -

1. wrong, burning, end in mouth
  2. burned arm and leg while turning head, bending down
  3. dropped cigar in water, toilet, over railing, on the ground, in lap, into food, into drink, on computer keyboard
  4. inhaled, gag & choke
  5. walked burnt end first into a door, screen door, glass patio door, ladder and smashed or knocked out of mouth
  6. torched finger with lighter, lit too much wrapper on fire
  7. squeeze/massage barrel of cigar to loosen tight spot, end up popping wrapper wide open
  8. cut cap, put cigar down, pick back up to light wrong end

I reckon that's a fair list. Dropping, burning, smashing, wrong end stuff...

Wilkey

Forgot to take the sleeve off a Cedros de Luxe No. 1 before lighting. Nice cedary notes in the first few puffs.

When I stop to pop in shop, I'll put the cigar in the wiper blade assembly to hold it while I'm gone. Sometimes I forget to retrieve it prior to getting back in the car and driving off. Wrappers don't do so well above 20MPH.

Leaving a cigar case at bars. It's not so much the case but the cigars which were in it that makes me facepalm.

Once, a rather attractive woman decided to sit in my lap. She did not look closely or she would have noticed my lit cigar sitting right where she was about to sit. Poor girl was wearing a short skirt and burned herself.

Now.....that is a real shame. lmao.gif

Maybe she thought your cigar was something else... devil2.gif