Dublin cigar event pictures.

Last night saw James Fox of Dublin host a fantastic evening as part of the Cuba/Dublin festival.

I made the trip down from Belfast and I must say it was truly superb. I met one of this great forums moderators Andy Ryan who welcomed me to the event and it was great to catch up with him. I also met Peter (DrGuano) from the forum who was a true gentleman and a great laugh. Evan smith and his wife, Andy's mate and regular contributor to the cigar aficionado forum also attended, he will soon be joining our good selves at FOH so I hope everybody makes him feel welcome.

The night was rife with rum, beer, mojitos and of course great cigars.

James fox supplied two cigars for the evening which are both in my top 10. The RA specially selected and the RA small club corona. Upon entry I wasted no time in firing up the RASS and it was sublime. I followed up with a bolivar petit corona which was fantastic but just started to fight me towards the last third whereas I couldn't keep it lit, I pitched it and went to the RASCC which delivered flavour in spades and was a great cigar to finish the night.

I scored a couple of gem cigars too...

Peter was extremely kind to gift me a Ramon Allones Phoenicio (Libano RE) which I will take away to Portugal with me in a few weeks, I can't wait to try it so thanks Peter!

Andy also gifted me one of Enrique Mons famed custom rolls 'the monsdale'. Again I couldn't thank him enough and will keep this cigar for a very long time and light it up on a special occasion.

Finally I was able to catch up with Rob Fox where we discussed his plans for Cuba in November and talked about his and Andy's visit to hector luis' farm earlier this year. He was a true gent and spoke very fondly of Rob Ayala and Andy. He is very supportive of our *****AS movement and thinks this forum is great. For me he embodies what a cigar merchant should be, just a great bloke who is passionate about cigars and having a good time. The icing on the cake was when he gifted me one of the custom rolled robustos that where being rolled at the event by a lovely torcedor from the partagas factory.

It really was a brilliant evening and I would like to thank Andy, Peter, Evan and Rob Fox for their hospitality. I plan to make the trip down as often as I can and hope other forum members get the opportunity to meet such kind people.

a3arahum.jpg

e5ate4ag.jpg

asahe9yp.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Stevie

Very cool. Great pics there. I haven't had the chance to meet most of those gents in person yet, but Rob Fox is definitely a riot to hang out with and a truely awesome guy.

Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all - kudos, and thanks for sharing the story and pictures.

Great to meet you last night Stevie, it was a fun night, very good of you to make the trip down. Fun times seeing all the folks there again.

I should have eaten something at that thing, the rum got to me by the end of the night. Feeling it today..

Thanks for the pics! Gutted I couldn't make it, on the other hand Neil Young and Crazy Horse blew the house down last night, if only I could have combined both!

I would pay the obscene price that a ticket for a show like NY & CH costs these days if I could smoke a cigar during the gig.

It would be great to see Evan over on this board. He's a class A gent.

Great to meet you last night Stevie, it was a fun night, very good of you to make the trip down. Fun times seeing all the folks there again.

I should have eaten something at that thing, the rum got to me by the end of the night. Feeling it today..

Lol thanks mate. I was the exact same. A few pints of guiness in the hotel bar after the party did not do me any favours either.

The drive back up this morning was not fun!

Thanks for sharing !

We were thinking of joining you guys but we were busy down at the pharmacy ...

Hope to see you in HAV in November Rob & Andy, we'll be there.

Nice one! Looked like a top event!

Mate, I am in Ireland for 4 to 5 weeks every year, visiting my wife's family and friends. Always fun times. Will drop you a line before our next trip. Be good to meet you for a blaze!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Absolutley jerroco, any excuse to smoke a few cigars and drink copious amounts of guiness!

Keep in touch.

Great to meet you Stevie and hang out even if you did switch to see-through beer instead of Guinness and more mojitos. It did leave more rum for Andy, much to his detriment. I expect a full report on the Phonecio. With a glass (or bottle) of port, it should be superb.

Thanks for posting Stevie.

Looks like a great time was had by all at the event ,good stuff ,look forward to welcoming Evan on board

cheers Steve

Thanks for sharing and posting the pictures, sounds like a fun time and after meeting Rob in Havana last November, I have no doubt he can throw a fun party. :)

And btw, hopefully some of you Dublin guys will be home and up for a smoke at the end of September as I will be visiting my first time and am making it a priority to visit Rob's shop, smoke a few cigars, and drink a pint or 10. :)

The top picture, from the far left...

The tall pony tailed gent is Evan Smith, i think he might be joining us soon under the handle "seegar"

Then Peter (DrGuano) and Andy Ryan and myself on the far right.

Thanks for your comments.

Is that really me? Let this be a warning to the youth of today of what a diet of rum, Guinness and great cigars will lead to. I am 39,000 feet over Memphis on my way home and will upload a few more pictures when I have faster Internet. My suitcase is happily bearing treasure from afar.

Photos as promised:

post-9032-0-85201500-1371176370_thumb.jp

DrGuano embracing the event

post-9032-0-95137400-1371176476_thumb.jp

Andy Ryan with the wonderful custom roller who will remain nameless because I cannot recall her name

post-9032-0-76732500-1371176904_thumb.jp

James Fox's esteemed leader, David McGrane.

post-9032-0-19430400-1371177474_thumb.jp

This was actually the starting point of the evening when we ran a simulation of how we would look to each other several hours later. I include it because it contains the night's only image of Ginnette aka Mrs. Gar.

Great pictures there too DrGuano, fun night.

The roller's name is Juramys, she works at Partagas. She was rolling nice cigars alright.

She's really nice, touring the UK for another month or so, absolutely worth a visit for any UK people with the time. I think her schedule is updated on the Hunters & Frankau website.