1 a year cigar to celebrate

I'm noticing in the LFTW that the FEB 13 cigars are hitting the market. Well my first daughter was born this past Feb and I'd like to get a box in that month that I smoke just one per year say on her birthday. Doesn't look like there are any RE's, LE's available so do I just go with the highest quality reg production cigar and if so what would be something that would have the legs for 15+ years? If it is reg production I'm prob thinking Cohiba but it all depends on what is available per Rob. I just would like thoughts on what you guys and gals would pony up the money for and what blends will stand the test of time.

Those PLPC cabs from Feb 13 look amazing. And you know those wont be going flat anytime soon! And there's 50, double the reason to go with a 50 cab.

Not the fanciest cigar, but a damn good one!

Up to you, depends what you enjoy. Some people like the EL/RE type of cigars myself included. I would probably go for a box of Sig VI because I like them, so go for something you would like even if that means a regular production.

Cohiba Sig VI, Robusto, Esplendido, Lancero, H.Upmann SW or pick one of the 2013 EL's because 2013 is on the band. I personally went with the Lancero and Robustos for my 2 kids. I won't crack into either box until they turn 18 and move away, then I'll smoke on their birthday when they won't be around anymore.

I wouldn't go for ELs or REs. Or even Cohiba. I'd grab a box of HdM des dieux for something that will stand the test of time.

the Des Dieux shout is a great one!

Just buy a regular production smoke that is fantastic and celebrate with that, it doesn't really need to be the same month of the birthday I don't see the point in all of that really.

I can see that, actually - it's a sentimental gesture.

Just buy a regular production smoke that is fantastic and celebrate with that, it doesn't really need to be the same month of the birthday I don't see the point in all of that really.

I agree. I don't have any boxes dedicated to my wedding day. When my kids come, I will see. Not sure if I will go as far as trying to find a box code that matches the month and year. I never like depending on any cigar to make an occasion... especially something that is vintage. Never a wise move in my opinion. I always joke to my wife about the expiration of our marriage, since we don't have a chunk of old a$$ cake sitting in the freezer to eat on our anniversaries :D

I'm currently doing this dance with a Jun 09

Box hunt. I wish I was smoking cigars back then as it would have been WAY easier to track a box down. (Not to celebrate a baby being born but an important anniversary)

Good luck with your search

I actually just did this with a box of Sig Vi and Sig II bc my daughter was born April 2012. Gonna save mine for her graduation, wedding, etc. I am looking for 1 more box as well bc in 10 yrs it'll be so much harder to find. Also, I wont be sharing w the jackass that she marries though. I already hate him and his whole family.

LOL. :lmao: Must be a Daddy thing (some same thoughts here too!) LOL.

Canuck, because I have a daughter now, I'm also thinking about starting a shotgun collection. That way, whenever she brings a boyfriend over, i can show them those. sneaky.gif

That's been my super secret evil plan for years. devil2.gifstir.gif

My wife laughs at me about it though, saying I'm just a big teddy bear. whip.gifblush.png

Canuck, because I have a daughter now, I'm also thinking about starting a shotgun collection. That way, whenever she brings a boyfriend over, i can show them those. sneaky.gif

That's been my super secret evil plan for years. devil2.gifstir.gif

My wife laughs at me about it though, saying I'm just a big teddy bear. whip.gifblush.png

When I met my girlfriend's father in South Africa, he made a point of showing me his collection of guns, knives and hunting trophies innocent.gif

He then showed me where he kept the beer buddies.gif

Tino, what kind of dog is that in your profile? I had a Presa Canario who passed away last year. He was a 130lb beast, on a completely raw food diet and used to run the dog treadmill 2x a week. I had him fully bite trained as well, so he could really do some damage when he was younger.

Sorry to hear about your dog's passing, he sounds like a remarkable dog.

The pic is my Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Ernie. He's much smaller, he weighs 40lbs. He's about three years old but I've only had him four months. He didn't have the best start, he'd been abused and had been abandoned and tied to a post. After a rough few months he's settled in really well.

Re the original post, I've been pondering FEB13 too because my niece was born that month. There have been some good RASS 50 cabs offered that I've managed not to pull the trigger on!

post-13571-0-22394400-1371146345_thumb.j