2000 Punch Churchills

ptrthgr8

Hi, folks.

I've recently done a trade with another member and he suspects that the cigars I sent him are counterfeits. I absolutely trust the source (well-known to many folks on FOH and El Pres), but I suppose even the best can get snookered at times, too. So, since I'm far from an expert when it comes to spotting fakes, I've taken many photos and will appeal to the collective knowledge of the folks on this forum to help me make the determination. If they're not fakes, then I'll feel better about the whole deal. If they are fakes then I'll need to make it right since the fellow I traded with sent me some nice sticks in return.

The shots where I focused on the bands came out a little weird - the wrappers are darker in those pics than they really are. The other shots show a more correct wrapper color. Also, there was one stick on the bottom row where the band was a little lower down the cigar than the rest. None of the bands are what I'd consider to be super-tight; most can be moved with a little pressure, but they're not super loose either. Not sure if the band on that one stick in the bottom row just got jostled during transport or handling - didn't take the stick out of the box to check, but I couldn't move the band back into position while it was just laying there. Today was the first time I checked the bottom row, so wanted to get a photo of it as they were.

So, here they are: Punch Churchill, box code SUA EU 00, obtained in January of 2013.

Thanks in advance.

~ Greg ~

top-vi.jpg

bottom-vi.jpg

stamp-vi.jpg

lidart-vi.jpg

lidart2-vi.jpg

liner-vi.jpg

cigarsbox-vi.jpg

cigarsbox2-vi.jpg

cigarsheads-vi.jpg

cigarsfeet2-vi.jpg

bandstop3-vi.jpg

bandsright2-vi.jpg

bandsleft-vi.jpg

bandsbottom-vi.jpg

bottomrow-vi.jpg

bottomrow3-vi.jpg

There's nothing in those pictures that would give those away as being fake.

They look perfectly fine.

By the way EU00 is not 2000. It's July '99

One of those odd date codes from 1999.

July 1999? Sometimes I don't understand why the Cubans do some of the things they do. Thanks for the bit of info!

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I have had a couple of boxes of these, including one box that was just awful :-(. All of them were plugged. So I have some real experience inspecting these, unfortunately for the wrong reason. My box code was TEN CCES. June 1999.

That same day I received a box of VR Familiar PEL LLOO. Nov 1999. They were amazing. I think the date codes can be tricky sometimes.

I think your cigars are fine from a real point of view, I just hope they smoke beautifully.

L

They look like the real deal to me. No major signs of being counterfeit. I wouldn't worry about it. These are genuine Cubans from what I see

I've gone through 2 boxes of 2000 Punch Churchill's, these look completely fine to me.

They look legit to me as well..but I'm sure others can chime in. What makes him think they're fake? I doubt anyone will try to fake punch churchills honestly...

All of his initial concerns were related to the rings, sort of like Shlomo mentioned. There weren't any concerns (none voiced to me anyhow) about the cigars themselves.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Thanks for all of the great input, folks. The other fellow and I both feel better now having read your input. Your help has been absolutely appreciated, everyone!

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

• 2 months later...

*By just looking at the construction of the foot of this cigar one can tell this is quality stick

• 11 months later...