What are your best smelling sticks in your humidor?

Funny, but I cannot remember the last time I took the time to smell a box of cigars. Probably because I have not bought cigars in so long. I just typically open my humidor (one of them) reach in for the box, take a cigar and run. Or, just grab one from my singles drawers...

I honestly cannot remember what one box smells like, much less distinguish one box from another!

Perhaps I will start the practice again.

Hello, Guy... nice to see you again my friend. We need to catch up when you have some time!

-Ray

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say my stash of Johnny-O!'s that I have stored in a large box in my humi, when I open the box the smell is just intoxicating! As far as reg production I'd say I love the way my box of LGC MdO #3 '02 smell because it is so unique, light, sweet and floral only begins to describe how they smell.

Wow. So much to choose from. I routinely enjoy the aroma of the following boxes.

La Escepcions RE. / QdO Coronas from 2011 / Cohiba Piramides 2006 LE / 2004 Siglo VI Jar

Some of my vintage stock is intoxicating.

Davidoff No 2 Tubo. (1982) Bursts of a perfume like aroma. Floral, but woody.

1926 Clear Havanas. Very odd, unique aromas. Hints of soap, tobacco, wood, pine.

2001 Dip 2's. Nice, solid tobacco earthiness, leather, cedar. Really dark wrappers on them too.

Ramon Allones Mille Fleurs. Powerful dark chocolate, cocoa and nutmeg notes. Even more intense when lit.

I have coolers. When I open them it smells Great!! I think my 2011 CORO smells great right now as well as QDO Coronas 2011. Oh and early 09 898s, smell of pure barnyard!!

I have a 300 count humidor filled only with Cohibas... The minute I open it, it smells like paradise. It's just like heaven. Aromas of 1966, mixed with PE's, Sig6, Lanceros, Magicos and Genios and some leftover BHK's... It's just perfect.

The few singles I have of 2009 Mag. 50's smell amazing.

Yess! I also had a little cab that smelled amazing... like chocolate.

That's exactly the smell I have! Pure chocolate goodness.

Upon return from HAV last November I put all my stash from the trip (250+ sticks – mostly Siglo VI , Lancero , BHK, custom rolls) in one cooler. The smell upon cracking that thing open is unparalleled! Sometimes when I’ve had a long/bad day, I go downstairs and just crack it to take a whiff.

Not only did this cigar recently make me completely swoon from its aroma and subsequent taste, it made me change my purchase from a box of 520's to a box of these after the first half.

Nice, what was the box code on that? MAR OO? Or late '01?

Two recent purchases, a box of 2012 BoliRC's and 2011 BBFs are pure farmshed, and by far the strongest of my collection. But for the nicest, I have a box of PSP monte 2's that are so dark and oily it smells like I've just tipped a cup of hot chocolate over. I keep mine in their boxes, and open them once a month if not smoking them just to check them, and each time it's a wonderful experience of aromas. My box of Parti 898's smells so strongly of tobacco you can just tell how strong and rich they are without even lighting them. I've a box of 2005 Hoyo Du Prince's that have a very delicate floral type aroma. Love them all!