What are your best smelling sticks in your humidor?

So which cigars in your current stock have the best aroma at cold?

Mine are the Mag 46 tubes my girlfriend got me in Thailand, pure chocolate and toast aromas as soon as you open the cap! Absolutely delicious...

Also my RASCC that I got in Cuba are extremely pungent, still haven't smoked one lol.

What about you folks?

Hope everybody is well.

Many Thanks

Stevie.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'12 PL Montecarlos - smell like a nice barn with warms piles of fresh . . . and cut hay.

'11 RyJ Cazadores - ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

'09 RA Celestiales Finos - Sweet cedar, manure and tobacco.

All cigars from these boxes have been stellar.

All my cigars smell great, in my ELIE BLEU Humidor that's 33 years old nowpeace.gif .

My buddy in the states calls It the "GUY FACTOR".ok.gif

Lol, great to hear from you guy...

I've always wanted an elie bleu, I think they are without doubt the best desktop humidors available, but expensive! Lol

The smell when I open my aristocrat fills the room. Heaven.

Great to hear from Guy!

Great topic!

Cohiba 1966 or 2001 SLR lonsdales

If smell had a sound, my humidor smells like Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones are having a tickle fight while riding unicorns!

Lol, great to hear from you guy...

I've always wanted an elie bleu, I think they are without doubt the best desktop humidors available, but expensive! Lol

The smell when I open my aristocrat fills the room. Heaven.

Thank you my friend.

I got It at a good price............at the time.

One thing that comes to mind is my CC desktop humidor.. At the moment I have 2 desktops one for NC and the other for CC but theirs just something about the aroma you get when you open the CC humidor!! My girlfriend loves the smell also and has said a numerous times she wishes their was a candle that smelled like that

I have to admit the BHK smells the best. It's a mellow but very unique scent. How they smoke however, is another story. I also like how all my EL's smell, with 1966's being the best. They all have a chocolatey scent to them.

Worst is probably my fresh box of shorts. Pure ammonia.

All my cigars smell great, in my ELIE BLEU Humidor that's 33 years old nowpeace.gif .

My buddy in the states calls It the "GUY FACTOR".ok.gif

Nice to see you again, Guy.

I remember you showing us that humidor on here once, when we were having a discussion about Elie Bleu. That one you have is a definite work of art, that's for sure!

Cheers Guy.

Worst is probably my fresh box of shorts. Pure ammonia.

When i smell that, the first thing that springs to mind for me is that they will age well and calm down, maybe even evolve. Besides that, what i love about shorts, they are such a misbehaved cigar, they always throw flavour at you and their inconsistency actually gives them character, i can nearly pull out new nuances and flavours every time i smoke them.

What a great effing little cigar.

Right now, it's a 2005 box of QdO Panetelas. Exquisite aromas right now from that one!

Very interesting Canuck thanks for sharing mate, i smoke a QDO corona recently and the aroma at cold was of pure italian biscuit, not strong mind you but very pleasing.

Very interesting Canuck thanks for sharing mate, i smoke a QDO corona recently and the aroma at cold was of pure italian biscuit, not strong mind you but very pleasing.

Sorry if I miscommunicated that maybe. I don't necessarily mean that this box is the strongest smelling box in my cabinet right now. I'd say that's even between a bundle of Hamlet customs and one of my particular boxes of RA Extras. But these QdO just seem to have such a refined and perfectly blended cold aroma to that box right now. Just makes you want to savour every draw.

Cheers.

Sorry if I miscommunicated that maybe. I don't necessarily mean that this box is the strongest smelling box in my cabinet right now. I'd say that's even between a bundle of Hamlet customs and one of my particular boxes of RA Extras. But these QdO just seem to have such a refined and perfectly blended cold aroma to that box right now. Just makes you want to savour every draw.

Cheers.

No worries at all bud, your spot on i wasnt referring to strongest smell in original post so miscomms is on my part lol.

How you been settling in to the new post?

The best smelling box in my humidor would be my Siglo VIs MKU AGO 03, open up it is honey and carmel joy sweetness with hints of citrus, try to not open much to preserve the scent.

Also, a more recent 2012 box of SP Belicosos I got here on LFTH are starting to develop into a smell wonderfl... of dark chocolate, barnyard, and a little nutty-ness.

An 09 box of Reyes is developed into an alluring scent as well

How you been settling in to the new post?

Good. Thanks for asking.

Love the job. Love the locale. Love the guys I work with. Other things I'm not enamoured with, but so be it. And it is the toughest thing in the world to be away from family as much as I am, especially at this young stage in my kids' lives.

But....trudging on....

Cheers.

Love the different smells of different boxes. Very pleasant are the 520’s, the 1966’s, BPC’s, BHK52’s,… In fact the only ones that don’t have much of an aroma at cold at all are the Maduro 5’s I have (in all fairness these are singles, but still).