What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

Zenato is some good stuff. Ripasso is a good, economical way to have that amarone mouth feel.

My 2 favorite amarones are quintarelli and Dal Forno. Just gorgeous stuff. Masi Mazzano is just a monster of a wine that needs decades to sleep. The wife and I opened a 1990 Masi Mazzano last year and were blown away on how powerful it still was.

Sounds great. I think what I like about the Valpolicella variants is, as you put it, the mouthfeel combined with the fruit overlay, but earthy core.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Nice Aaron. Which one? Sherry cask or fine oak?

Were you asking me? If so, how much have you been drinking? Aaron? Ha ha...

Sherry cask. It was surprisingly good. I had pretty much written off Macallan as overpriced compared to other Speysides (notably Balvenie and Glenfiddich, Wm Grant's neighborly bosom buddies) - but this was enjoyable, which is surprising also because I'm not a huge sherry cask guy.

Auchentoshan 12Y. Better than expected. Bottle-worthy!

Have you had the Three Wood? Can't comment as I've only had a drunken sip in a bar, but the general consensus seems to be that it edges out the 12 and is the pick of the Auchentoshan bunch. I did also find the 12 bottle worthy though. Very drinkable.

Sherry cask. It was surprisingly good. I had pretty much written off Macallan as overpriced compared to other Speysides (notably Balvenie and Glenfiddich, Wm Grant's neighborly bosom buddies) - but this was enjoyable, which is surprising also because I'm not a huge sherry cask guy.

Macallan's sherry line is great for that. The sherry influence is crisper and cleaner than the more in-your-face sherry bombs from the likes of Glenfarclas etc.

A little taste of Chateau Margaux 2004 to finish off the working week. One of the perks of the wine trade!

Wow, nice. I have a whisky matured in an ex-Margaux cask but I doubt I'll ever afford the real thing!

On gift giving days (birthdays, fathers day, Xmas), the wife always stocks me up on my favorites - Jameson 18 yr old Irish and Blanton's Bourbon:

She surprised me with some Remy XO for Xmas this year too:

Edited by Nick_Tech
(Image Link Removed)

Question is would you have gotten the "BBQ meat and spices" had it not been written on the bottle? lol

Oh yeah Shlo. That's just a given. I had a couple Bowmore 18 before that were plain smoke nougat, caramel and this is just evident. I didn't read the label before but +1 on the guy who wrote the description lol