Info on 2012 ELs

Hope this is ok to post but got some info about the new ELs and there cost from LCDH and remember people asking about it so I figured I would put it out there. Let me know if this crosses any lines here and I will delete it. I can say one thing is that the prices seem to be going through the roof. No excitement by the average cost being $30 a stick. They seemed to be coming in late September/October

- Cohiba Piramides Extra: Box of 10 - $440

- H. Upmann Robusto EL 2012: Box of 25 - $495.50

- Partas C3 EL 2012: Box of 10 - $210

- Montecristo 520 EL 2012: Box of 10 - $300

These prices are European and include their huge Taxes - I thought about posting them but decided against it since our prices should come in quite a bit lower.

These prices are for an LCDH. I would guess at 25-40% less with reputable online vendors.

The prices of "reputable online vendors" are now very close to the prices of some European countries (where cigars are highly taxed). They are even higher for certain cigars.

These are the prices I received from a vendor in Europe and that is already cheaper than the prices above .

- Cohiba Piramides Extra: Box of 10 - 280 Euro - expected half September

- H. Upmann Robusto EL 2012: Box of 25 - 312,5 Euro - expected half September

- Partas C3 EL 2012: Box of 10 - 132 Euro - expected half September

- Montecristo 520 EL 2012: Box of 10 - 190 Euro - expected end of October

These do not include postage,with postage the prices will be close to those in the original thread.Do not foreget the FX factor.

None taken! I was just curious to why these prices are so high.

Prices are high because the middle classes of Europe, which were traditionally the biggest buyers of habanos, are no longer the core target of HSA.

People who can't (or don't want to) spend $30 for their daily cigar will soon have a VERY limited offer…

1345777728[/url]' post='332124']

Hope this is ok to post but got some info about the new ELs and there cost from LCDH and remember people asking about it so I figured I would put it out there. Let me know if this crosses any lines here and I will delete it. I can say one thing is that the prices seem to be going through the roof. No excitement by the average cost being $30 a stick. They seemed to be coming in late September/October

440 for a box of ten Cohibas??? They are mad!

I am currently in Zurich where the Upmann Robusto LE is available for 15.2chf or 380chf per Box.

I have smoked 2 and they are very good. Medium/Full with a full flavor profile, not one dimensional. Has nuances of both the Mag 48, as well as the Royal Robusto. Both marcas had a dark reddish brown wrapper, perfectly filled with a beautiful triple cap. The burn was razor sharp and threw beautiful plumes of white smoke which is very aromatic. 75 minutes smoke time on both, enjoyed with an Erdinger Weisbier. Definitely a winner IMO from my limited sample...

Where did you get that? There is NO LCDH in Madrid (the 3 Calle de Leon is a Floridita bar, an other franchise).

Is it possible that the LCDH is in the Floridita?

That's the way it was here, until they both closed down about 3 years ago.

Also, I think the original LCDH in London was in the Floridita bar in Wardour St., though I could be wrong on that one.

In Spain, having a cigar shop in a restauant would make sense as they could charge 15% more for the cigars, possibly the only way to cover the cost of a LCDH franchise in Spain.

Though a LCDH franshise costs nowhere near 15%.

Is it possible that the LCDH is in the Floridita?

I think it was there, but it didn't last long - about 2 years.

LCDH is a very expensive franchise for tobacconists who are state agents, as in Spain and France. In France the margin on cigars is less than 7%.

At these prices...I think 3 boxes of Royal Robustos vs one box of EL 2012 Upmanns would be the route I'd go. With change in my pocket after no less.

That, and I've given up on expecting ELs to be blended true to the marca. And thus the first year I have zero interest whatsoever in any ELs.

Same goes for the ridiculously overpriced Cohiba Piramide Extra. Tired of $400 10 ct Cohiba boxes....particularly these, which is simply the regular linea clasica blend just with a shiny new band. Big time pass.

I just thought about it and I have exactly zero boxes of ELs or ERs in my humidor, hsa are you listening?

No they are not. There are too many other suckers out there that are falling for the marketing hype.

Mui expensivo. Thanks for the info. Only one I may be interested in us the C3.