Van55

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the honor and priveledge of sharing his company and fine cigars here in Boston not long ago. I'd "known" him for several years and we spoke on the phone frequently while working through a joint project, but that was our first face to face. Really glad I had that chance.

Great guy. Funny and genuine. Top shelf gentleman. Really gonna miss him. Really sad.

This news really sucks.

Van was such an argumentative stubborn prick - and I loved that about him!! He was also passionate, loyal and a true BOTL.

Rest in peace, Amigo. Even though we never met, we spoke a few times.... and I'll miss you.

What an immense shock to log in now and find this out.

Van sent me a PM only the day before yesterday asking about this and that. I replied and did wonder why there was no response yesterday. Now I know. I amsure Van didn't see it coming from his correspondence.

I have had the pleasure to know Van. We have supped together,had cigars and drinks together. We have corresponded and spoken on the phone over many years covering many issues. Van always liked to cover the big issues !LOL!.

He was a straightshooter. I always knew where he stood on any issue and he knew mine. He may not have agreed with mine but he always listened to the rationale and respected the opinion. It is too rare a quality.

Van had a real love for cigars and the people who enjoyed them. He was instrumental in builidng a great cigar community and went out of his way to get away from behind the computer screen and catch up with people and share a chat and a laugh.

I was hoping to have caught up with him at Skinfest last September before the trip was shelved due to Lisa's pregnancy worries. No problem I thought, I can catch up with him next year. He was well on top of his cancer battle and looking forward to the future. How I regret now I didn't make it. What a lesson.

Rest in Peace Van and condolences to your family and many friends. You can now catch up with Chuck/Tampa and share a laugh and a cigar. I will see you both soon enough.

Van will be truly missed by all in the cigar community and his brothers over at HCF. I know the hurt runs deep. Like Yoruba Hacker, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Van up in Boston, a few months back. Van was a true gentleman to all in our community.

Rest in Peace, Van. One of a kind.