So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Just had my first sample of the Loch Gorm.... at $53, this stuff is a bargain! I’ll be picking up a few more bottles, for sure!

Loch Gorm rocks - just finished a bottle. In my neck of the woods it’s $89 now :(

I used to hate Virginia and their poor selection on bourbons. Then I moved to North Carolina and realized Virginia wasn't bad at all. I'm up here for a wedding and have been stocking up!1fd55af8a2d16bb68f72888e0917d074.jpge401b98ff090e9e5fa897005f8155952.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

233f0d953d697b36e33372f312475441.jpg

• Like 3

The ABC's in NC are pretty dismal.
Yea, I've recently moved here and I guess you have to bribe someone that works there to get anything decent. Or constantly go and hope to get lucky. I've yet to find anything here. My luck in VA has been really good. I've won 2 lotteries in VA for eh Taylor 4 grain and pappy 12 year. Plus I found 3 bottles of George t stagg last month. Good thing my VA license doesn't expire for a few years haha.

14 hours ago, prodigy said:

Yea, I've recently moved here and I guess you have to bribe someone that works there to get anything decent. Or constantly go and hope to get lucky. I've yet to find anything here. My luck in VA has been really good. I've won 2 lotteries in VA for eh Taylor 4 grain and pappy 12 year. Plus I found 3 bottles of George t stagg last month. Good thing my VA license doesn't expire for a few years haha.

Have you bought the Bourbon that Havana Deluxe has made for them?  They said it ends up in ABC's due to NC law.  

Have you bought the Bourbon that Havana Deluxe has made for them?  They said it ends up in ABC's due to NC law.  
I have not, and I've never heard of Havana deluxe either. I'll do some Google searching.

Just now, prodigy said:

I have not, and I've never heard of Havana deluxe either. I'll do some Google searching.

Cigar bar right near downtown Raleigh.  Pretty good one at that.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 10:01 PM, Buck14 said:

That Russell’s 10 is the best value bourbon on the market today!

I'm really enjoying it. Probably will be another bottle purchase before the weekend!

If you like the knob Creek rye, the cask strength is worth looking for. The regular rye is aged 4 years, the cask strength is aged 9. Amazing stuff, but not for someone who doesn't like rye to begin with.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 1:36 AM, Lotusguy said:

Loch Gorm rocks - just finished a bottle. In my neck of the woods it’s $89 now :(

When I went back, I found it was all sold... turns out it is $89 here, too... it went on “final clearance” @$53. Dang, missed ‘em!

2 hours ago, SirVantes said:

You’re singlehandedly keeping the Glenmo Co solvent...

Seeing how popular Ardbeg and Glenmorangie are, I doubt it...but if I am, they better release a special "Shlomo" Edition heavily sherried and peated cask strength soon!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirVantes said:

You’re singlehandedly keeping the Glenmo Co solvent...

That is a shit ton of Scotch!  Do you have a minion you are serving or is all that for you?

Just picked up this nice 1.75L for $51, pretty solid price point. Planning on opening it tonight.

20180620_122954.thumb.jpg.53933e84d71ce2516e2c516e619af031.jpg

• Like 3

I didn't even know they came in a 1.75. I have a single barrel store pick that I like a lot.

Just picked up this nice 1.75mL for $51, pretty solid price point. Planning on opening it tonight.
20180620_122954.thumb.jpg.53933e84d71ce2516e2c516e619af031.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I didn't even know they came in a 1.75. I have a single barrel store pick that I like a lot.

I didn't either until I saw it, then I saw the price and couldn't resist!

• Like 2