So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

4 hours ago, Baccy said:

Nice bottles, have you ever tried Blanton's Gold? I live in the South and I've never even seen the Gold in stores, but I'd love to put my hands on a bottle or two!

in a blatant piece of self-promotion and cross-referencing, the kenfessions which came out today includes the Blantons Gold. with a hoyo san juan. https://kenfessions.com/2018/03/16/hoyo-de-monterrey-le-hoyo-de-san-juan-blantons-gold-edition-single-barrel-bourbon/

• Like 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

On 3/16/2018 at 12:48 AM, Ken Gargett said:

in a blatant piece of self-promotion and cross-referencing, the kenfessions which came out today includes the Blantons Gold. with a hoyo san juan. https://kenfessions.com/2018/03/16/hoyo-de-monterrey-le-hoyo-de-san-juan-blantons-gold-edition-single-barrel-bourbon/

Nice write up, I may have to put in an order for some Blanton's Gold!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this today up at Katoomba. Can't wait to open this up...with friends to help of course. Only question is: should I drink the Chimay this year or wait until the recommended 5 year mark?

20180402_212608.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, sastrooper said:

dont see these in Aust very often, 

IMG_2453.JPG

brought in by a mate of mine, gary steel, from domaine wine shippers. has many of the great names from europe. been in the business for decades. problem is that all his mates line up for their share and then the top restaurants want them for their lists. doesn't leave much. plus prices have skyrocketed. no surprise. i think that raveneau is the top producer in chablis, daylight second. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

i should have added, terrific catch, the les clos from 2015. should be a stunner. i have a couple of premier cru from 97 and 98 and that is all. so depressing. 

Ohh no doubt, my eyes watered when i saw what winestar wanted for the 15 le clos... was just lucky my mate knew someone who was bringing them in privately and so i got them @ a very good price as opposed to retail prices.

Just now, sastrooper said:

Ohh no doubt, my eyes watered when i saw what winestar wanted for the 15 le clos... was just lucky my mate knew someone who was bringing them in privately and so i got them @ a very good price as opposed to retail prices.

gary is a mate but his prices can be hefty. but lord help anyone he finds bringing them in on the sly (by chance, i am pretty sure he is an old SAS soldier as well - from vietnam. only ever discussed it with me once, but the stories were harrowing. i know he spent some time down the tunnels chasing the enemy. not for all the raveneau on the planet!). 

Bought these wines today at Redfern markets! The secco is mixed with dried and fresh grapes during the production process. Can't wait to open them!

Bought the 2016 magnum of Chimay this week in Sydney. Good find!

20180414_190415.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 9:41 AM, sastrooper said:

great prices from nicks for all you aussie lads. bunna 25 for 299 aud is a no brainer

IMG_2434.JPG

That Bunna 25 is glorious, and a great price to boot. Did it come with the nice presentation box? Whats with the top of the cap though? Or is it just an illlusion...?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luca said:

Bought these wines today at Redfern markets! The secco is mixed with dried and fresh grapes during the production process. Can't wait to open them!

Bought the 2016 magnum of Chimay this week in Sydney. Good find!

20180414_190415.jpg

i see quite a bit of the freeman wines. always good. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shlomo said:

That Bunna 25 is glorious, and a great price to boot. Did it come with the nice presentation box? Whats with the top of the cap though? Or is it just an illlusion...?

It came with the box and yeah i think thats just something with the picture

• Like 2

The Jefferson aged at sea: cask strength is out now, at least in Virginia. It's exceptionally good. It's on the higher end of what I consider affordable, but it's worth every penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prodigy said:

The Jefferson aged at sea: cask strength is out now, at least in Virginia. It's exceptionally good. It's on the higher end of what I consider affordable, but it's worth every penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

agreed. terrific stuff. 

• Like 2

Hunter Valley trip on Thursday. Had to stock up on more Tamburlaine.

20180426_194526.jpg

• Like 2

Nice bottles, have you ever tried Blanton's Gold? I live in the South and I've never even seen the Gold in stores, but I'd love to put my hands on a bottle or two!
Sorry, only just saw this. Will have a bottle of the Gold and the SFTB in August. Again, sourced from Australia.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My most recent acquisition, a gift from a friend for my birthday on Saturday:

20180507_173031.thumb.jpg.787daf291535ea7d7a72b3db0d8789ed.jpg

• Like 2