Poll: Three Piramides and Three Corona Gordas

Tere are three Piramides and Three Corona Gorda  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In front of you you have three unbanded Piramides and three unbanded Corona Gordas

Montecristo Number 2

Diplomatico Number 2

Partagas Serie P 2

Upmann Magnum 46

Cohiba Siglo IV

Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Number 1

In each group one is labelled either A, B or C. I have the codes.

What do you believe your strike rate would be? :P

* In addition for those who would really like to test themselves give your answers and If you like I will prepare a sampler from HQ stock in a few weeks so that you can test yourself agaist your answers here. :2thumbs:

Assuming that it would be a viewing only without the ability for a sniff and pinch test I would think that my chances of getting more than 1 of these corerct would be pure luck. Allthough it would be an interesting exercise and I look forward to the test sampler post.

Alternatively,you could simply send the sampler pack to me and I'll get back to you in a number of weeks with my picks :2thumbs: I promise to wear a blindfold while smoking them. :P

That's a tough sampling as most of those marques within each vitola category are kissing cousins. I think that through the process of elimination I would do Ok though. I think i could pick the Partagas out of the Piramides and have a 60/40 chance of getting the other two correct. With the Corona Gorda, I could pick out the Cohiba and then stand an 70/30 chance of getting the other two correct.

Or I could miss them all...would be fun to try.

Great challenge, I would be impressed if I could go 1 for 3 in both categories (without blind luck). However, if you kept them blind and wanted to know in order of most expensive to least my girlfriend could pick the order 100%!

I think I could go 2 for 3 on the piramides as I've smoked a lot of Monte 2s and Dip 2s. Similar but still just different enough. Dip 2s tend to be a bit fuller bodied as well. The Partagas has more of a pepperiness to them than other marcas as well, and given the limited number of priamides, shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. The CGs would be tougher. I'm familiar with the woodiness of the H. Upmann, but haven't smoked a log of HdM Epi 1s and Siglo IVs. Here I would probably give myself a 1 for 3...2 for 3 at best if the grassiness of the Sig IV is distinctive enough.

Sounds like we'd even get to smoke them, I thought we just got to look at them and smell. So many years of getting my cigars band-less and not being the most organized person in the world I've learned to recognize cigars by sight.

Not that anyone can't be fooled but with HQ stock I would expect a classic example of each brand. The hardest I think would be Monte and Diplomaticos by sight but once lit the chocolate should give the Diplomaticos away.

On the bright side if you can't tell a Cohiba from an Upmann you need never waste your money on Cohiba's.

I am familiar with the piramides. If the three where put in front of me not knowing ANYTHING about their identity, it would be difficult to place them. But if I know for a fact one of them is a Monte, one of them is a Partagas, and one of them is a Diplomatico I'm fairly confident I could identify each.

I couldn't say the same of the CG lineup, I just haven't spent enough time smoking the three.