Ramon Allones Superiores

...no...I don't know when and I don't know how much :tantrum:

Habanos sa Press Release

Habanos s.a. is pleased to introduce a new specialty exclusively aimed at La Casa del Habano Franchise network: The Allones Superiores from Ramón Allones.

The brand founded in 1837, is known by being the first one to pack the cigars in boxes decorated with labels as we know it today. The Habanos manufactured under this brand has a well gained recognition among all smokers and they are made in the emblematic Partagás Cigar Factory

All the cigars under the Ramón Allones brand are filled with a blend of tobaccos from the Vuelta Abajo region in Pinar del Río, characterised by their intense and complex taste. Among the range of sizes under the Ramón Allones brand, the Gigantes, the Specially Selected and the Small Club Coronas clearly stands out in the brand portfolio.

This new size, Allones Superiores, (girth 46 and 143 mm long) whose factory name is a Corona Gorda is made up of only 5 000 boxes comprising 10 units each, and will surely delight the most demanding palates.

• Brand: Ramón Allones

• Commercial Name: Allones Superiores

• Factory Name: Coronas Gordas

• Dimensions: Cepo 46 por 143 mm de largo

• Presentation: Cabinet box of 10 units

Of great complexity and strong flavour as it is characteristic in the brand, the Allones Superiores from Ramón Allones will be available in the coming weeks in the Casas del Habano outlets worldwide.

post-4-1287530693.jpg

post-4-1287530740.jpg

post-4-1287530719.jpg

made up of only 5 000 boxes comprising 10 units each

I was under the impression that these would be a new regular production line-extension for Ramon Allones. What a shame. I like how they say the RAG, RASS, and RASCC stand out in the brand portfolio. Those 3 are the brand portfolio.

Those wrappers do look pretty ugly. I don't believe I've ever seen that wrapper shade on an RA before. I've seen it on Bolivars, and those ones tended to be bad/bitter in my experience.

I do look forward to trying these, but I hate the fact that if I like them, I'll have to stock up before they disappear.

Maybe they're limiting it to only 5000 boxes per year?

I was under the impression that these would be a new regular production line-extension for Ramon Allones. What a shame. I like how they say the RAG, RASS, and RASCC stand out in the brand portfolio. Those 3 are the brand portfolio.

Those wrappers do look pretty ugly. I don't believe I've ever seen that wrapper shade on an RA before. I've seen it on Bolivars, and those ones tended to be bad/bitter in my experience.

I do look forward to trying these, but I hate the fact that if I like them, I'll have to stock up before they disappear.

So I guess they come in boxes of 10 as opposed to boxes of 20 from an earlier post by El Prez?

Darn confusing. When first mentioned they were boxes of 10. A couple months ago, unvarnished boxes of 20 & now back to 10. Guess we'll find out when they arrive.

Maybe they're limiting it to only 5000 boxes per year?

I always thought that both these and the new LGC sublimes were part of the same program as Bolivar Gold Medals, Partagas Salomones, and San Cristobal Mercederes. As far as I know the existing LCDH-banded cigars don't have any kind of annual production limit. They aren't ever hard to find or anything. It'll be interesting to see if they issue a virtually identical release for the La Gloria Cubabnas.

For what its worth, a quick search tells me that a box of these (10) goes for about 75EUR (95USD) in europe.

Not to hefty price if you ask me and it also makes me glad that Habanos releases something below the 50-ringgauge-mark.

Edit# Sorry ama didnt see your post.

These aren't that expensive. About $100 USD per box.

For what its worth, a quick search tells me that a box of these (10) goes for about 75EUR (95USD) in europe.

Not to hefty price if you ask me and it also makes me glad that Habanos releases something below the 50-ringgauge-mark.

Edit# Sorry ama didnt see your post.

Well if they stay that price when actually released then I would entertain a box or three. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a few boxes of these today. The wrappers are a little darker and a bit more oily than in the picture. Aroma seems good. No numbers anywhere on the packaging so maybe 5000 boxes turns into 15000 if they sell well enough. Box codes are all LRE ABR 10. I wonder what took so long to get these out. My Belicoso RE's are LRE MAR 10 and they were out in July. I'll post a review in couple of weeks.