How do you carry your cigars for an evening out ?

Going out for an enjoyable evening with friends or wife is great of course,

but how do you carry your cigars around ?

Now, if you know that you'll only be smoking 1 or 2 cigars , I would think that it's not

a real problem. Take the example that , this time, you know that you'll be smoking

all night, well, like someone I know :D

Do you carry your cigars in cigar cases ? 1, 2, 3 or more ?

That is what I always did before, lots of shirts and pants with many and I mean MANY pockets.

ok, now your pockets are full of cigar cases, fine!! but with the first occasion, what cigar do you smoke ?

AND, in which cigar case did I put it :lol: OH boy !! :huh:

You would think that after years of fighting it out with myself, I would have gotten a bit smarter, B)

Well, not until recently :P

and pouf !!!!,all my troubles are gone because , NOW, I have a cigar caddy :lol:

I still like to carry a cigar case with me because I like the feel of the leather, with some, the look

and with others , the size.

SO,Here's my question, How do YOU work this out ?? :blink:

;)

Here are photos of some of my cigar cases.

post-3705-1281708892.jpg

Here are 2 of my favorite ones, they both date from 1900, the small one is from England and

the long one from Germany. They were sold with the cigars and were used as brand support packaging

but also as cigar cases. They were made of very strong cardboard.

post-3705-1281709208.jpg

post-3705-1281709719.jpg

post-3705-1281709797.jpg

Finally got smart and got a cigar caddy thanks to Mark Neff B)

post-3705-1281709966.jpg

Those are nice cases from the 1900's. :D

I like using either my 5 or 10 count cigar caddy (with foam inserts removed. I lined them with cedar.) Or my single LeTube's.

That is a great selection Guy! The antiques are really cool... well, they all are.

I too have numerous cases. Since I smoke a lot of PC's I reuse a lot of tubos. I have a number of "tubo" holders including a stainless steel one I made my self. That one might be categorized as a weapon! Thanks for sharing.

I've got a couple. I've got a 2-finger black leather case. And, I have a few of the stainless steel cigar-tube-and-liquor-flask sets. So, if I know I'm only going to have one, I stick it in the 2-finger leather case, and put the 3-oz or so liquor flask tube in the other side of it.

I also have a 3-finger brown leather case, but I misplaced it somewhere - didn't use it that often.

But, my fave is a 5-stick Cigar Caddy case by OtterBox. It's awesome. I love the little humidifier built in, and it's capable of holding relatively any sizes. I end up using this most of the time - if I'm in a conundrum, and I can't decide what cigar to bring, then a put a selection in this, and let my mood at the event decide for me. Also, I then have some spares, in case someone else pipes up, and asks to get one from me.

I want to get one of the bigger Cigar Caddy's (they also come in 2-, 10-, 15-, and now a 40-stick case). No, I don't have any affiliation to them, it's just that these have never failed me.

Awesome cases for just about anything but a night out on the town.

y'all are pretty classy when y'all go out on the town...I, too, like those old cases

I sometimes just put a couple of cigars in a ziplock sandwich bag and hand it to my wife to hold if I don't want to worry about keeping up with a case...I never remember that I have a few metal/glass tubes in the drawer

other times I'll use a caddy...the size depending on how many cigars I'm carrying around

When I go out I usually put cigars in old tubo's, so you'll mostly see me with a piramide in the club or a robusto since I only have empty P2 and Short Churchill tubo's :P

For my last birthday we went to a club and I just filled an empty 10 count box of Partagas D4 with cigars and brought the whole box to the club :D And luckily it fitted in my girlfriends handbag :flower:

But I should really invest in a nice cigar case like you have, I have a 30 count cigar case, but I need something to put in my bag for short trips!

What I use really depends on where I am/am going, time restraints and how many cigars I'm carrying. Sometimes I will just toss a few cigars in the front pocket of my shirt when on vacation if I know I will be smoking soon. I also have a leather single cigar tube from Xikar that I will use when I know I will be the only one smoking, but not until much later in the eveing. If I think others will be joining me, I will bring a leather 3 cigar holder also made from Xikar. For longer trips I have a Cigar Caddy that holds 5 sticks...which is usually good for a 5 or 6 day business trip or a long weekend away. For herfs I have a larger Cigar Caddy which I believe holds around 20 cigars. If I'm hoping over to my neighbors to have a cigar while the kids play, I may just toss them in a zip-loc bag.

Very nice cases, Guy.

The ones from the 1900's are very cool.

Mostly I use a three-finger leather case.

I have an "Armored" caddy that will hold eight cigars plus lighter and cutter.

It's too bulky to carry on casual outtings. I only use it when I'm traveling for longer periods of time.

That's a real nice collection of cigar cases Guy. I have a 3 finger case plus 10 and 25 count Cigar Caddies that I use. I also have a couple of hard plastic holders that I can keep in my pockets. If I need more, I take the inserts out of the Cigar Caddy and use 5 finger plastic bags so I can fit in more cigars. Sometimes it's a combination of all of these. You can never bring too many cigars.

Beautiful collection Guy. Hats offs.

I like the Würzburger Banditen Zigarren case. This is unique. Where did you get this?

When I go out and meet my cigar buddies I use the fifteen cigar caddy so that I can hand out some and when I out with my wife I use my two finger leather caddy.

regards and a wonderfull weekend.

Lars

love the Simpsons of the Strand case Guy,you can still get a damn fine roast beef luncheon there these days!

For me,I usually use old tubos,or an empty dress box with a zip lock bag.

I like the Würzburger Banditen Zigarren case. This is unique. Where did you get this?

Lars

I got that one in an old tobacco shop in Brussels Belgium that was closing down because the old shop keeper

was going on retierment. He must have had that in his shop for ages. I should have accepted

to take many other items off his hands when he asked me instead, I only took those 2 cases.

Lars, If you, or anyone else, have any extra info about the German , or the English one, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :D

Very nice cases! I'm always looking for those at estate sales. I just recently bought a cigar caddy that holds 15. Usually when I go out I have a old leather case that holds 3 cigars. I also have 2 single cigar cases. I love these. I pop a cigar in there and throw it in my pocket and head out.

A/T- for singles. Usually when I bring one to work.

3 cigar xikar case- for parties just in the evening

5 cigar xikar caddy- if going to a herf and if spirits involved

15 cigar caddy- weekend trips

Funny you posted this Guy. I have been contemplating purchasing a leather cigar case. Tres debonair.

I have a leather 3 cigar case but it's more suited for Robustos than anything else.

I now have had a cigar caddy 5 count from Czars which I use almost every weekend when heading out.

I have a xikar humidor bag I use when just taking a couple out for after dinner.

I'm picking up a leather bag by andre garcia next month which, along with being a nice black leather bag, is designed to carry a box worth of cigars plus has compartments for your lighters, cutters etc. It has sleeves built in to the sides that fit humipouches.

I'm a sucker for cigar "toys" lol.