Here's a question.....

If you had the choice of two of these three cigar boxes to buy/have bought for you - which would you choose and why?

El Rey Del Mundo Tainos Box (25) NOV 00 Vintage, reasonable price

Ramon Allones 8-9-8 Box Unknown Vintage (finding this out), very reasonable price

Ramon Allones Phoenicios Box (15)............Reasonable price from what I can tell, but more expensive box than either the previous two?

As the tree said to the lumberjack - I'm stumped! :)

Personally, I would get the Tainos, since these are very hard to find. But if you don't have any RA 898's, then these would be a good choice, depending on the vintage. It is generally agreed that the best are those from 2002, although 1998 or older might also be good, depending on provenance. If you still have money to burn, then get the Phoenicios.

Haven't smoked any of the three cigars you listed, but if it were me, I'd go with the:

1. ERDM Tainos - damn hard to find.

2. RA 898 - these are hard to come by as well, and I hear nothing but good things about them.

:) RAMONE ALLONES PHOENICIANS definitely!!! 2nd, the Ramone Allones 898's. You can NEVER find those anywhere!

Haven't smoked any of the three cigars you listed, but if it were me, I'd go with the:

1. ERDM Tainos - damn hard to find.

2. RA 898 - these are hard to come by as well, and I hear nothing but good things about them.

x2 for the same reasons.

If you had the choice of two of these three cigar boxes to buy/have bought for you - which would you choose and why?

Ramon Allones 8-9-8 Box Unknown Vintage (finding this out), very reasonable price

Ramon Allones Phoenicios Box (15)............Reasonable price from what I can tell, but more expensive box than either the previous two?

As the tree said to the lumberjack - I'm stumped! :cigar:

RA 898Vs are magnificent smokes and would be my first choice.

The ERDM Tainos would be my second.

YMMV

Since I had the Tainos in january (I know it is stupid to judge on one experience) I'd go with the RA. The one I tried, my brother had another, reminded me of the cheap brazilian cigars ( or was it Sumatra) my grandfather used to smoke. Maybe they were aged poorly, but still, if i had the choice (never having had a bad experience with RA) ...

I can only comment on the Tainos.

I looked long and hard to find a box of these, I love ERDM and heard how good these were. My box is from '05 and I have been totally underwhelmed by them.

Perhaps the vintage you're getting is better. I wonder if they are overrated because they are so hard to get.

As the tree said to the lumberjack - I'm stumped! :cigar:

IF,you have problem,let me help you :rolleyes:

1/2 box tainos end 898 RA Please buy for me ;)

That's a tough call. Not such a great year on the Tianos & unknown on the RA898s. With the RA898s I've had a couple boxes of 02s that were stellar, but an 01 was pretty mediocre. (FWIW, same experience with RA Gigantes of those years) Might get a good box, might not. Both are very hard to find. The Phoenicios, if you don't mind a fatter cigar, are full bodied, strong smokes.

The Tainos are not my cup of tea and I am an ERdM fan. Save your dough... I will put one in your package.

I think cost is a factor. It would depend on what you are calling a good deal. I would not pay a lot for any of those cigars, not while current cigars are so good. I say that with all honesty considering I have two of the three. I would likely look for a stepchild aged lonsdale or stock up on Partagas SdC's. Just my 2c's. Cheers Amigo. -P

ERDM Tainos

RA 898

once they're gone, they're gone

Phoenicios are still available.

BTW, if I am not mistaken, for exactly the price of 15 Phoenicios, you can get a 25-box of RA Beritus. It is a great smoke now but I feel will be fantastic with a few years of aging. Choices, choices...

Thanks for all the input, everyone. The tally was

ERDM Tainos - 8

RA 8-9-8 - 10

RA Phoenicios - 3

I'm going with the 8-9-8's and the Tainos - although I cannot get a date for the 8-9-8's, as the source has apparently lost the cardboard box with the date code, they have only 1 box left, so I will make a stab for it. Pictures and reviews coming once I have them!

Thanks again fellows!