Happy Australia Day!

Australia Day Public holiday here today folks. It is the day where we gather with family and friends for BBQ, beers, a swim at the beach or pool, game of cricket, cigar and a laugh. It is a day we give thanks for what we have in the marvelous country; freedom, opportunity, security, diversity, economic prosperity.

Happy Australia Day! ;)

Amen to what you said Rob! Happy Australia day! Cheers to most beautiful country in the world! We are proud to be Australians and proud to have such an amazing country and culture.

Enjoy your BBQ's boys and girls, it is DRY day here in India today that means no alchool to be sold anywhere, but I am sure I can work it out :buddies:

Australia Day Public holiday here today folks. It is the day where we gather with family and friends for BBQ, beers, a swim at the beach or pool, game of cricket, cigar and a laugh. It is a day we give thanks for what we have in the marvelous country; freedom, opportunity, security, diversity, economic prosperity.

Happy Australia Day! :cigar:

That's what its all about Pres. We are indeed fortunate. Happy aussie day to all aussies wherever they are around the world!

Enjoy your BBQ's boys and girls, it is DRY day here in India today that means no alchool to be sold anywhere, but I am sure I can work it out :cigar:

You mean the goverment can prevent 1,000,000,000 from drinking for a day? If they tried it in Russia, there'd be a revolution!

Happy Australia Day! I think this anecdote captures the spirit of it. I think I already saw it on the forum somewhere, but I'll post it again here:

In the beginning God created day and night. He created day for footy matches, going to the beach and barbies. He created night for going prawning, sleeping and barbies. God saw that it was good.

Evening came and morning came and it was the second Day.

On the Second Day God created water - for surfing, swimming and barbies on the beach. God saw that it was good. Evening came and morning came and it was the Third Day.

On the Third Day God created the Earth to bring forth plants - to provide tobacco, malt and yeast for beer and wood for barbies. God saw that it was good. Evening came and morning came and it was the Fourth Day.

On the Fourth Day God created animals and crustaceans for chops, sausages, steak and prawns for barbies. God saw that it was good. Evening came and morning came and it was the Fifth Day.

On the Fifth day God created a bloke - to go to the footy, enjoy the beach, drink the beer and eat the meat and prawns at barbies. God saw that it was good. Evening came and morning came and it was the Sixth Day.

On the Sixth Day God saw that this bloke was lonely and needed someone to go to the footy, surf, drink beer, eat and stand around the barbie with. So God created Mates, and God saw that they were good blokes. Evening came and morning came and it was the Seventh Day.

On the Seventh Day God looked around at the twinkling barbie fires, heard the hiss of opening beer cans and the raucous laughter of all the Blokes, smelled the aroma of grilled chops and sizzling prawns and God saw that it was good. well almost good. God saw that the blokes were tired and needed a rest.

So God created Sheilas - to clean the house, bear children, wash, cook and clean the barbie. God saw that it was not just good, it was better than that, it was bloody good! It was Australia.

so you spent it playing poker on the internet?

Screw all that, it's just a good day for a bludge. ;):pooped: