What is your favorite kind or brand of humidor!?

There are so many different kinds out there- with different prices and different sizes, one could get lost in their decision making.

I wonder what is your favorite or preferred humidor?

Which do you find the most reliable, efficient, friendly, and attractive for your cigars?

There are so many different kinds out there- with different prices and different sizes, one could get lost in their decision making.

Which do you find the most reliable, efficient, friendly, and attractive for your cigars?

Coleman 50qt ;)

For cabinets - Aristocrat THC. Mine has served me well over the years.

Desktop - Daniel Marshall. I picked up a couple of these from the Private Stock Sale when I started out. They were discounted because they had slight (read: barely noticeable) blemishes in the finish. They've been champs over the years.

Well I have two. An Avallo DDD Chilled and an Aristocrat EndTable unit. Both are excellent in their construction and the service I have gotten. YMMV

The Kat

A second vote for the Daniel Marshall desktop. It has wonderful construction, a beautiful veneer, and it holds solid RH. I replaced the original Credo unit with an Elie Bleu clay unit, and I have been very happy with the results. For box storage, I'd love to have a cabinet, but a cooler suffices for now.

I started out with a nice birdseye maple 200 ct. Michael Dixon humidor. It is constructed like a well crafted peice of high quaility furniture,

all the grain is matched and the finish is flawless. I have had it for about 15 years. I out grew it in a very short time I still keep some sticks in it and display it in my office .

I have had an Avallo AH1200 for about 12 years and am very pleased with its reliability for such a low price.

As with my case make sure that you buy a big enough humidor the first time. You may also, depending on your location and climate , look into a self cooled unit even if you have AC. Here in the NE USA we get some warm days in the spring and I find the need to turn on the AC to keep temps down.

When it comes to humis IMO bigger is better. :)

I love my Aristocrat plus. I't is a good size for me and it looks great while I let my stash age.

My favorite humidor, though, is my desk top. A medium size Elie Bleu satin mahogany box that I stole when a big cigar merchant stopped carrying the brand. It probably holds one hundred double coronas. It is a beautiful piece of work and my singles are always ready. The seam is virtually invisible from two feet. It has a first rate hygrometer and humidifier and keeps a constant RH with minimal effort. I got my Aristocrat to go with my Elie Bleu, not the other way around. I know this is one of the least expensive of the brand, but I love it. It is understated and has that feel you get with very fine things.

Is anyone familiar with Adorini humidors?

They seem really nice and very inexpensive, compared to Elie Bleu and the others mentioned which are 1k+

Ok guess I am the old-fashioned dolt who still uses his grandfather's Dunhill rosewood desktop. Can't help it but it looks great and does an excelllent job retaining humidity.

I, too, have a coolidor for box aging that serves my purposes admirably.

Not knowing what your storage requirements are I'll recommend what's worked well for myself.

28 bottle thermoelectric fridge with Rh beads

End table cabinet humidor with locking door, drawer for singles, spanish cedar lining, electric outet inside the cabinet with electric humidification and thermoelectric cooling device installed.

For travelling humidor - 840, 5.56 mm, 10 RD clids Bandoleers case, spanish cedar lining with Rh beads in a bag.

In my environment I am going to have to say I prefer one of my own wine cooler conversions. That would be second to the "magic dust" humidor if I could find one. A magic dusted humidor will always provide a perfect cigar for the moment whenever the moment occurs. Mine does this too of course but I am forced to stock mine while the magic dust variety is self stocking and perpetually full. It is a close race between the two as far as humidors are concerned. I seem to have more difficulty with the paying, stocking and restocking part of the whole thing!

I just need some magic dust! - Cheers - :pig:

Is anyone familiar with Adorini humidors?

They seem really nice and very inexpensive, compared to Elie Bleu and the others mentioned which are 1k+

I'm not familiar with Adorini, but just FYI, if you are in the market for a desktop, you can get a 125ct Daniel Marshall for as low as $225 if you use their Private Stock sale. DM estimates quantity using coronas, so your mileage may vary. If I needed another desktop, this is what I would buy.

P.S. Check Ebay.

You still have A&Ps?

Yup...here in Westchester, NY we hve A&P, Food Emporium, Whole Foods, Shop Rite and Turcos...take your pick. All the bags work the same.

I wish I could afford an avallo or aristocrat THC, but 4-6K is just not in the budget right now. I have a daniel marshal second that I use as a desktop, and I have a cabinet size humidor that I got off of craigslist for $350. I am able to store 75-100 boxes in this unit.

I have also used a cooler and a 28 bottle wine fridge. Both of them do a great job. You are going to need to figure out what features you want, and how much you want to spend and go from there.