Bolivar Inmensas

Bolivar Inmensas

...What comes to your mind when this cigar is mentioned. Always a favourite of mine but it has a tendency to polarise many in the Habanos communtiy.

For those that know this cigar...describe it in a few words. Would love to know your thoughts.

Style, Class, Elegence, Balance, Great Complexity,

Earthy,animal,Touch of leather,spicy, hints of green tea, floral ,sweet molasses & almonds.

Other then that, I don't see why the fuss :P

Who's POLARIZED ? :D .................................Me,That's for sure :D

I was spoiled by these in the early 90s. One of the first boxes I bought. The pre 95 blend was powerful & very earthy. A box from 97, though, was very irregular. Some had flashes of greatness but others from the same box almost devoid of flavor. Got a box of 07s (I believe the last year) waiting.

I like this cigar, but in terms of flavor I don't necessarily prefer it to the Boli Coronas Extra, or even the Royal Corona. What makes it special to me is the vitola, a dalia. It's the perfect ring guage and length. Elegant and long enough to promote a smoky meditation, but not so narrow as to be prone to plugging.

Poised, balanced, earthy intensity.

I haver gone through almost 3 boxes, one from 97 (good) and 2 from 06 (fantastic!) I love this cigar and will really miss it. More depth of core Bolivar flavor than any other vitola in the marca, IME, even over the BCE's.

This is my favorite rainy day cigar. I'm not sure why, it just goes together well. Maybe because I the first one I ever had was watching the rain from my patio. The smell of the new rain and the smooth pungency of the cigar. Maybe I'll have one for the rains tomorrow.

I like this cigar, but in terms of flavor I don't necessarily prefer it to the Boli Coronas Extra, or even the Royal Corona. What makes it special to me is the vitola, a dalia. It's the perfect ring guage and length. Elegant and long enough to promote a smoky meditation, but not so narrow as to be prone to plugging.

I agree about the dahlia. I might add that my '00s are smoking really well and so far no tent pegs.