I got one: Tell us your fave music to smoke a stogie to.

What would be your favorite music to smoke a stogie to? I'm gonna download all your songs and make it a "Habano Compilation." I will play it when me and my buds get together to smoke our fave habanos and tell them this is what all the serious habano smokers around the world listen to when they celebrate the leaf...............Leaf Lover

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so serious CC smoker here. <_<

Mostly Latin. Any type, Buena Vista Social Club (fairly obviously), but also some of the newer stuff. A couple of years ago there was Reggaeton - Cuban Revolucion and I just picked up a fresh disk I can't remember right now, it combines latin with funk, hip-hop, a real mixture. I will look it up and post back.

Edit: the new CD is Gilles Peterson presents Havana Cultura - New Cuba Sound. Double CD on Brownswood Recordings. Loving it.

What would be your favorite music to smoke a stogie to? I'm gonna download all your songs and make it a "Habano Compilation." I will play it when me and my buds get together to smoke our fave habanos and tell them this is what all the serious habano smokers around the world listen to when they celebrate the leaf...............Leaf Lover

Buena Vista Social Club is definitely a great selection.

Right now I've been listening to jazz; Nina Simone, Miles Davis; and something a little newer Melody Gardot.

Some good selections from those would be:

Nina Simone- Sinnerman

Melody Gardot- Who will comfort me, Your heart is as black as night

Miles Davis- Love for sale, So what

Great thread by the way.

As I smoke outside, more often than not there is no music - I'm usually quite happy to listen to the birds and the wind in the trees. But when I do, I have

a couple of playlists in itunes which includes quite a bit of Latin, more mainstream jazz (Karrin Allyson is a current fave), reggae, accordion music, and

so on. I usually don't listen to the heavier stuff while I'm smoking.

I have a selection I have made over the years which includes a couple of hundred favourite tunes. I can't escape the music I grew up with in my 20's and 30's + some modern extensions.

SPRINGSTEEN. JUST THE BOSS.

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon, Grateful Dead: Dead Set, Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers, The Who: Who's Next, Jimmy Buffett, Three Doors Down, Nickelback, The Beatles, QuickSilver Messanger Service, and the list of the Deep Tracks just keeps going!

I have a selection I have made over the years which includes a couple of hundred favourite tunes. I can't escape the music I grew up with in my 20's and 30's + some modern extensions.

Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Breeders (cannonball), Raconteurs, Death Cab for Cutie, REM, Radiohead, Stone Temple Pilots, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, Talking heads, Hoodoo Guru's, Soundgarden, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

El Pres, I am with you, triple j hottest 100 from the early to mid 90s... ;)

Can I give an honourable mention to Janis Joplin "Kozmic Blues" I just discovered this 40 year old recording and man, she can rock a tune. If you like Sharon Jones are the Dap Kings this is in the hole.

Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Breeders (cannonball), Raconteurs, Death Cab for Cutie, REM, Radiohead, Stone Temple Pilots, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, Talking heads, Hoodoo Guru's, Soundgarden, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

What, no Captain Beefheart? ;)

The type of music totally depends on my mood...but usually it will be the Gypsy Kings, Dave Matthews or George Clinton and george Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. However, like Colt, I usually prefer the sounds of nature or the city when I smoke at night. When I'm smoking with friends, I never turn on the music as the conversation at hand is always sufficient.

El Pres, sounds like good times everytime you burn one.

As of late, I've been diggin Katchafire (Australian reggae band) and Jack Johnson.

BTW, thanks FOH for the great ideas....Leaf Lover

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon, Grateful Dead: Dead Set, Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers, The Who: Who's Next, Jimmy Buffett, Three Doors Down, Nickelback, The Beatles, QuickSilver Messanger Service, and the list of the Deep Tracks just keeps going!

Tampa - I think he meant cigars.... ;)

I use to have a GF that gave the best BJ while listening to Beethoven's 5th......

While you smoked a cigar?

Hi all

I generally don't listen to music when i smoke,mainly because i smoke outside.

when out at a venue it is you obviously do not have a choice .

I an pretty eclectic with my musical taste so it really does not matter No Rap Or heavy stuff

Generally my interest lies in the Cigar :clap:

Cheers Oz ;)

Been realy enjoying smoking to the new Ray Davies disc "The Kinks Choral Collection"

Great collection of Kinks music and Ray Davies songs done with a full choir.

Some real unexpected songs on here not just a worn out greatest hits collection!

Wish I could catch this live somewhere.