I got one: Tell us your fave music to smoke a stogie to.

Jazz: T. Monk, Weather Report, Miles Davis

Synth: Kitaro, Jean Jarre, Tangerine Dream

Progressive: King Crimson, Porupine Tree, Opeth, Yes

World: Fela, Greek Rembetika, Classical Turkish, Cuban

European Classical: Beethoven, Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Bach, Mozart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote lies with those who like the relaxing stuff while smoking. I like to listen to Boney James (jazz), Vaughn Williams (classical), and Ugnaught (Drum and Bass). All of these tend to help me ease the day away, with my CC!

These are some of my never-fail everlasting staples; Joy Division, Radiohead, Animal Collective, The Beatles, Bowie, Drugstore, Mazzy Star, Hope Sandoval, Mercury Rev, Iggy Pop, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, Flaming Lips, Nick Cave, Roxy Music, Sparklehorse, The Walkmen.

• 4 months later...

Something a little different, sure and ok, its about legalising hootchy cootch in Cuba but a reggae band from Russia and the political imagery in the clip is a combination I found interesting.

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon, Grateful Dead: Dead Set, Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers, The Who: Who's Next, Jimmy Buffett, Three Doors Down, Nickelback, The Beatles, QuickSilver Messanger Service, and the list of the Deep Tracks just keeps going!

I like the way you think Tampa....Great musical choices (ALL of them)!!!

Something a little different, sure and ok, its about legalising hootchy cootch in Cuba but a reggae band from Russia and the political imagery in the clip is a combination I found interesting.

Ha-ha! Russian too difficult for understanding! The basic message - Cuba is paradise. And Fidel prevents to live all. For me it's funny, prank, without sense. Music - cool raggy! Thanks for sharing!

Never seen that!

I recently upgraded my TV and surround sound system so I put my old tuner and DVD player out in my man cave so I've been listening to music alot more often while smoking.

Lately I've been listening to The Infamous String Dusters. They are considered blue-grass or new-grass, great stuff. They will be in my area next week for one show and Hell Yah I'm going.

• 3 months later...

It's mostly relaxing stuff like Jack Johnson, Zach Gill, some Motown, Tony Joe White etc. I also love some earthy Blues like Muddy Waters, old B.B. King and John Lee Hooker. Special recommendations would be "Hooker 'n' Heat" and "Get back home in the USA" (fantastic sound on vinyl - feels like he's sitting right next to you) where it's just the man, his guitar and a stomping foot. Marvellous pair with a great rum and likewise cigar.

It's mostly relaxing stuff like Jack Johnson, Zach Gill, some Motown, Tony Joe White etc. I also love some earthy Blues like Muddy Waters, old B.B. King and John Lee Hooker. Special recommendations would be "Hooker 'n' Heat" and "Get back home in the USA" (fantastic sound on vinyl - feels like he's sitting right next to you) where it's just the man, his guitar and a stomping foot. Marvellous pair with a great rum and likewise cigar.

LOL! Added some Al Green songs to my playlist "Habano playlist" on the ipod just last week.

Last song I added was the song "Killing me Softly" by Celia Cruz sung in Spanish. F'n sexy!

I'm all about Hawaiian music. Easy and soothing...

Habanakane,

Second the Hawaiian music. Definitely. So many: Braddah Iz, Fuji, O-shen, etc. Don't like too much the slow stuff like from keali'i Reichel. Like more the up-tempo stuff.

Heard that song "Necta" from Sashamon? Good song.

Well in the ~3 months of actual nice smoking weather we get up here

Ditto on Bob Marley, have a huge collection.

Jimmy Buffet, mostly live albums

and my album of the summer

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood: Live from MSG