• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

we closed the cigar shop for a much needed day off, and this evening paid our friends at LCDH a visit and enjoyed some Bohemias and a HDM Epi 2.

Smoked a Sancho Panza Escuderos German RE 2011. I can only say WOW! One of the best REs I ever had! Too bad they are almost 15 euros a stick, otherwise a box would be mine. Totally hit the SP profile with a slight saltiness and an awesome twang. On the light side of medium body. Ready to smoke now - don't think they need any significant aging. Try one, if you have the chance!!

Only CC I had this weekend was a Monte PE (AGO 10). I only had one MPE before this one, and I believe it was a '07. I was taken back by the spice and body. Not overpowering (for me anyway, I smoke some pretty strong Nicaraguan stuff) and wasn't harsh. But the leather/oak/wood I thought I was going to get wasn't there. The spice was "soft." It didn't burn or make your eyes water on the retro.

BCE after work- very flavorful and so nicely constructed

Viaje Harvest Fest- for me an outstanding NC brand. They make solid, bold, and yes, flavorful, cigars. Worth checking out.

Im on a NC streak right now.

Had a Tatuaje La Verite 2008 Vintage Churchill thanks to Boomersooner. AMAZING SMOKE. Very elegant.

Smoking an Alec Bradley Black Market Torpedo right now. BLAH. I dont like it at all. Alec Bradleys stuff tastes "manufactured" to me for some reason.

In Hoc,

Mike

Upmann Corona Jr 08

Took a vacation day and decided at 8am to smoke a cigar. Couldn't decide and since I have been so disappointed lately I dug a little deeper in my Humidor. I have about 8 left. They have all been great but this one was amazing. The bands have that aged look with the gold turning a little darker than usual. The best cigar I ever had was a corona major I got in a bodega in Vancouver. No idea how old it was but these are starting to taste like that cigar. These and my box of shorts are renewing my love of cigars.

It was great watching the rain slowly turn to light snow and smoking a great cigar.

BCE after work- very flavorful and so nicely constructed

Viaje Harvest Fest- for me an outstanding NC brand. They make solid, bold, and yes, flavorful, cigars. Worth checking out.

Was that the '99, Doug?

Halfway through a Juan Lopez Distinguidos German RE 2011. Great construction but just too mild for my taste. Maybe it picks up a bit in the second half but so far, the SP RE is much better.

Alec Bradley SCR corona with my coffee at work this morning. I thought it was pretty mild and fairly one dimensional, but it was a good morning smoke.

The JL RE picked up a bit but it couldn't break into the 90s for me. Followed it with a QDO Panetelas which was an easy 92 ( as usual) and my first ever RA Extra which needed some age on it, IMO - the flavours were a bit disjointed.

Had a BCE '10 late last night while I was roasting a big piece of pork belly for a dinner on saturday. Cigar was pretty nice, but I think it still needs some time to find its true flavors.

Monte Joyitas - just plain awful! I can't believe I paid 5.4 euro each for two of these bitter dog rockets. Even had 6 years or so of age on it. Followed by a BCE that had a hard time overcoming the aftertaste of that first stick - my palate was ruined :(

Tatuaje Brown Label Petit Caz Reserva. Delicious little smoke! Must resist urge to buy a cab...must resist urge...must resist...

One of the few NC's i still enjoy, the Tat petit caz reserva, fantastic smoke!

Monty #2 from a March 2010 box. Box has had dark chocolate colored wrappers but this one was a rougher more rustic wrapper. It didn't seem to affect it as it was still very enjoyable.

After a week off smoking (had a cold) back tonight with a (battered due to being a pouch in my bag) Montecristo Petit Edmundo - stunning..rich, strong coffee and dark chocolate with a bit of spice but also mellow enough....no expectation and it shone, happy days