For several years I have been stuffing my cigar bands into a sock drawer in my dresser. The drawer is almost full and I need a new plan. I like to keep the bands off of significant smokes (first Cuban, first of particular brand) or from significant smoke sights (Cuban beach) but I'm not a collector. I need to organize these somehow. Any ideas?

I am such a newbie geek, I am currently taping them in my cigar journal I bought to have a reference of what actual bands look like.......I know, I know, I will look back at this post in a year and laugh how much of a dork I am right now

I have seen people take old bands and glue them to their zippos as a piece of art almost..........also seen people tape them flat on old cigar boxes as a clock or art again

JAT

Bart

I keep large glass jars, with flip-top seals, that are sold for dry food storage.

The bands just get tossed in, still round.

When one is full, I get a bigger one, and start again.

They make a great display!

I throw mine away B)

Its bad enough having a cigar addiction... with out the worry of having BAND issues as well :lol:

Cheers Oz :wacko:

During my first year of picking up this fab. habit, I collected them all.

This means, I had the WM PENN el-crapola smokey bands and 10 year old Sancho Panza Habanos that were divine.

then I took all of these, along with a nother hundred bands (literally) and pasted them onto my 100 count humidor's top surface. Sealed the bands for protection and years later, they still look great.

Also this serves as a great reminder of places I roamed in the cigar world....

I think I had pics someplace, let me check...

Everytime I smoke a new brand I save the band and tape it to my monitor at work. When $h!t starts hitting the fan as it usually does around here I look at my collection and imagine smoking a fantastic cuban. Unfortunately I am missing a handful that I have smoked but will continue to add to my collection.

G

post-5330-1256222061.jpg

Don't throw out them away! In some years they become a rarity. I started to collect my collection so. Now you can see her on Trevor's site

That is quite a collection of bands you have there cigarros...very impressive.

Before I started smoking Cuban cigars, I would toss my cigar bands into an old cigar box, when that filled up, I started putting them into a drawer on my wine rack. I have being tossing my Cuban cigar bands into a wine carafe. Looks pretty good. I only save the bands of cigars I smoke at home. Ones I smoke when I am out and about just get tossed.

Lol. Where on earth did you get them?? You seem like a pretty young guy, so you can't have smoked them all :P

I like the RyJ "Hector de Ayala"

Ha-ha! Eh! It was just joke)) lol!! I'm proud this collection. I think that even few people can brag at least similar treasures... On the Trevor's site only small part. But anyway I repeat - Don't throw out anillos away! In some years they become a rarity. :P