Does Diplimaticos make a bad cigar?

Did a cigar review yesterday with Ayala and without Ken, most enjoyable afternoon. The video will be up later in the week, but we tried the Diplimaticos No 4, and it was sensational. While Ayala is away I have tried three other Dips today and every one of them was great.

It got me thinking today does Diplimaticos make a bad cigar or has anyone had a bad Dip?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you win the "reviving the oldest thread" award for the week!

Did a cigar review yesterday with Ayala and without Ken, most enjoyable afternoon. The video will be up later in the week, but we tried the Diplimaticos No 4, and it was sensational. While Ayala is away I have tried three other Dips today and every one of them was great.

It got me thinking today does Diplimaticos make a bad cigar or has anyone had a bad Dip?

I'm confused.

I have bought more boxes of Dip #3's then any other specific cigar, I also haven't had a bad #2, although the box of #5's from Nov 06 I have has had quite a few poorly rolled sticks (underfilled) and I would have to say this box was less then impressive.

I, for one, really like every Diplomatico I have ever tried. I always make sure that I have #2's, #4's, and #5's on hand. I like that Molasses, cinnamon, and mild bitter chocolate flavors.

the kicker for me, the darker the wrapper the better. Its the only line of cigars where I specifically request it. Smithy always comes through for me.

Some of the young #4s I've smoked lately have really showed their youth in the 2nd half, but the '05 #1s definitely are making my top 5 at the moment...

Smithy, had one the other day, bought from Czar's. Wrote a review in the Cigar Review section. It was absolutely brilliant. But it was my first, so don't have a great amount of experience with them.

I think you guys receive top quality batches of cigars, so most of what you smoke from Czar's is gonna be a benchmark for the brand.

Smoked a #2 on Sunday part of an aged sampler from Lisa a couple years back `01 I think, construction and burn was flawless, taste wise didnt really grab me, it was good but not enough to take my attention away from the converstaion or the girls serving drinks!! Got bitter by the last inch and a half so ditched it. Enjoyable but not spectacular

I've only ever had #2s... and I enjoyed every one of them. Having thought about it - I really don't know why I havent tried the other vitolas.

Had a plugged No.4 last week, I commented to myself that that cigar was the first totally plugged cigar that I have had in a couple of years. It was so tight that a gnat's ass couldn't break wind. Fortunately that has been the only cigar from the box that has not been excellent. What I enjoy from Diplomaticos is the paprica spice flavor.

Last Saterday we had a meeting with our cigar club in the city of Nimes

and on the cigar memu for the evening we had a Partagas EL Serie D5, 2008,

Wow, what a powerhouse of a smoke, we were all surprised by It's wonderful

flavours & taste. I was starting to feel bad because I had choosen a Diplomaticos No. 2,

2008 for the end of the meal and seeing how the Partagas stole the limelight at the start of the night, I

said to myself that the Diplo would not hold It's own for an after Dinner cigar.

Well, It seemed as if the Gods were with me because this Diplomaticos No. 2 were just

fantastic, Rich, oily, great earthy and coco tastes with dark coffee, beautiful notes of leather

all in a excellent balance that left everyone in a daze, Wow, what a surprise but most of

all, what a treat. Who said that this mama was a bad stick ? LOOK AGAIN ,brother, they

are very close to being one of the best Habanos at the moment. :angry:

Smoked plenty No.2 and No.5. The only bad one I had where the No.2 with a lith (almost candela) wrapper.

I think that no.2 with maduro wrapper is one of the best piramides out there .

To be honest, Dips have never really done much for me. I cant really say what it is about them that i dont like, i just never remember being wowed by any of them...

Fair call. Same thing for me and Upmann. Never had one which really hit the spot. Weird.