Does Diplimaticos make a bad cigar?

I will consider myself a newb to this line, as I've only started my Diplo journey middle of last year, and I havn't yet tried the 4 and 5 (singles from Czar are resting for a month before I give them a go!......

But I love this marca!!!

In my exploration of Coronas last year, the Diplo 3 was the finest corona i smoked, tied with the Hoyo Du Roi, and has held up through multiple tries since then. I'm currently on the lookout for as many boxes of the Diplo 3 as I can find! The Diplo2 is a solid pyramid in my books, and the Diplo 1 I just tried recently with a review - very good as well! I am saddened by the imminent loss of the majority of this line, and although I am doubtful that i'll be successful, I intend to try and find a good box of Diplo 1's as well!

So....long winded answer, but NO, Diplomaticos does not make a bad cigar. Excellent Marca.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you win the "reviving the oldest thread" award for the week!

I think the line is spectacular...and the loss of many will be sad.

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

So today I packed up a nice '01 D-1 and took it on the road to my local biker hot spot. Along with some insipid (biker hot spot) coffee I enjoyed the late morning with some biker friends, some of which also enjoy cigars, or host late night TV shows!

This cigar pretty much kicked the **** out of what I have been smoking lately including a nice '99 Trini Fundy and a few Cohibas.

post-79-1264988723.jpg

post-79-1264988762.jpg

Cheers! -;)

Of the Diplomaticos line, I've only smoked the 2, 4 and 5. The 5 I found a bit to pungent and harsh for my taste. The 4 was okay, but to my palate was not on par with the Montecristo 4. The 2; however, is exceptional. My 2nd favorite of this vitola in the Habanos line. A simply stunning cigar. As I am sad to see the other Diplos get discontinued...I am happy that the No. 2 will be around...for a while more at least.

• 4 years later...

aye: i've always found the 5s to be pungent as well... mind you, i've only had 2 of em.

1s and 2s for me! (unless i can find some 6s and 7s soon rolleyes.gif)

I think you win the "reviving the oldest thread" award for the week!

nyah.gif

• Like 1