Your thoughts on the Monte Opens?

I have only hade one and this was my thoughts on it. Not in a big hurry to try the remaining

2 I have.

Monte Open Junior

Aroma cold - None

Pre ligt aroma - None

Draw - was fine

I toasted the end and could get no smoke at all. I burnt the end till 1/4 the wrapper was black before it would even think about producing any smoke. By this time what smoke it produced was

very very bitter. It burnt for about 5 min and went out again, I relit and it was even more bitter so

I tossed it in the can.

While I have not sampled them Rob, When you nail a review, you nail it and from around the cigar community I have yet to hear, read or even expect any good words about this failure.

HSA should drop the line quickly and use the leaf toward other cigars.

Have our reviews been a little harsh?

No, it was spot on,

For me to smoke another one of those i have to be :buddies: and full of :bsmeter: or :wub: but i still believe the are a :ph34r: and a :clown2:. I think HSA developed them to get more :lol: and not for the :drool: experience.

I belie we all should :gangup: and :fuel: the factory. For me the open serie is a pure :loser:

I've only smoked a couple of singles (master and eagle) and have had the same feeling each time:

It is not bad, but not good either. Very creamy, very smooth, very light. I've always smoked them early in the morning after breakfast and I don't think they would taste anything after lunch...

Only had a Master.

To me it was a non-cuban experience.

First 2 cm are ok and i found some toasted aromas with coffee cream kinda taste.

Exactly same when i try Dominican Republic cigars.

Then... it keeps delivering only paper/card box taste, which was boring and of no interest.

After all i think i would enjoy Nicaraguan more than these...

I've only smoked one, the Regata. It was fine, pleasant even.

Good draw, nice feel, plenty of smoke, a hint of chocolate and didn't get harsh. However, it didn't stand out (other than the band which is quite nice) and I don't really get the point. There was nothing particularly memorable about it.

I have a storage space issue and it certainly wasn't good enough to make me want to buy a box.

When compared to other new releases of the last 5 years such as the Serie P no. 2 or the Mag 50, for example, I would have to ask why bother with these?

To me it was a non-cuban experience.

First 2 cm are ok and i found some toasted aromas with coffee cream kinda taste.

Exactly same when i try Dominican Republic cigars.

So, If i get this right, the NC's are trying to imitate the cuban taste

and now, the cubans are imitating the NC taste :buddies:

Interesting, no ? :lol:

So, If i get this right, the NC's are trying to imitate the cuban taste

and now, the cubans are imitating the NC taste :huh:

Interesting, no ? :drool:

Yeah Guy! It's true! NC-producers wishs very much that their cigars "sounded" as CC. Declare this as professional cigar sommelier :ph34r: ))))

Smoked a couple singles. Bland, drab, no-go sticks. Review spot on. Enough said.

OK fine, I'll the be the one that goes against the norm. I have had 2 Eagles and actually enjoyed them. See in my cigar life I'm not at the point where I can taste many flavors and can tell complexity. I can pull certain flavors out and I know what I like and what I don't. I like a smooth, creamy smoke regardless of how often the flavors change or if it ever changes. I also like a mild to medium body smoke. I don't like full bodied spicy cigars. In the world of cigars doesn't the saying "To each his own" apply heavily? Any and all comments welcome but I've never been one to hold my thoughts back. Everyone have a nice day!

-Patrick

p.s. If anyone has a box of the Eagles they want to trade PM me and I can tell you what I have.

OK fine, I'll the be the one that goes against the norm. I have had 2 Eagles and actually enjoyed them.

Patrick, only slightly more seriously, if I may I'll use a wine comparison. There are many, many people who drink and enjoy white zinfandel - it's sold

by the tanker truck. Personally, I'd rather drink water, but I have no contempt for the wines existence or the people who drink it.

Even so, I doubt a white zin will ever be held in the same regard as the best bordeaux, burgundy, or barolo. If I come off as questioning your taste,

please be sure that that is not the case in any way.

My wife is a white zin drinker duiring the summer months. She says she finds it refreshing. I personally don't get it, but hey...I still buy it.

Patrick, only slightly more seriously, if I may I'll use a wine comparison. There are many, many people who drink and enjoy white zinfandel - it's sold

by the tanker truck. Personally, I'd rather drink water, but I have no contempt for the wines existence or the people who drink it.

Even so, I doubt a white zin will ever be held in the same regard as the best bordeaux, burgundy, or barolo. If I come off as questioning your taste,

please be sure that that is not the case in any way.

There is more to this story. I believe that it is okay with any Habanos lover that his smoking friends enjoy whatever they like. I don't care a rat's posterior about whether H SA buys Macanudos and rebrands them the Monte Open! (sarcasm for the purpose of emphasis). If people like mild cigars and they buy them up okay. But the big picture as seen by the more traditional smoker is loss of traditional full bodied cigars in various vitolas for the a paltry new, expensive cigar that can be had already by any one of a number of NC cigar producers. The gripe is two fold and not strictly about the Monte Open. It is the moronic tailspin Cubatobacco has taken in favor of non-traditional flavorless cigars at the expense of the best ones. -Piggy