Which is better?

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does not make a differance unless you age than the SLB is better.But the blends are the same DB are better if you have less storage space also I like the art work..I have smoked both and there is no differance in taste.

In regards to aging - I'm finding it hard to believe that there is a difference, beyond speculative, between a dress box and SLB.

In regards to aging - I'm finding it hard to believe that there is a difference, beyond speculative, between a dress box and SLB.

Well that might be. Hell I dont know. What I do know is that with the SLB's there is no box pressing which I prefer. Also I belive (right or wrong) that the circulation is better. To me the opening of one against the other is noticible in aroma. Does smell make a difference in ageing. I think it shows indications. Speculative I would agree.

If speculative means not backed by experimental data, well, that'd be pretty much the entire endeavor of cigars. I agree with ACcat's observation on the smell of dressed v. SLB. For me, the critical difference is not in the tightness of the seal. Any appreciable difference is likely to be marginal at best.

I think the real concern with paper-based packaging (which includes cardboard packs too) is 1) the paper itself and 2) the adhesive used to bond it to the wooden carcass. Soak off the paper from a dressed box and what do you have? Basically a SBN such as PSD4 and the like are packaged in. So if it's not the carcass that makes the difference, it's gotta be what's stuck to it, the only other point of difference: the paper/glue and, to a lesser degree, the printing ink.

Wilkey

I only have SLB BBF's so I am no authority and therefore didn't vote. I can tell you that SLB's are a nice presentation and experience. The aroma is strong and the sticks stay round, rather then box pressed from the DB. Alan (aavkk) may be able to chime in as he has smoked BBF's from a DB.

I prefer SLBs. There's something about the simplicity that appeals to me, not to mention the possibilities for long term aging. I wish more cigars came in them. One thing I like about DBs is there are more shapes/sizes to play cigar tetris with. :P

I can't say which is "better", but generally I prefer SLBs - mainly because as others have mentioned, I prefer my cigars sans box press. I also

like that the cigars are in such close proximity to each other in a round. I do like the shape of the dress box for storage purposes as well.

Why is this the only production cigar that is offered in a cabinet and a dress box of 25?

I prefer a cabinet over a dress box if I have the choice. That said nothing wrong with the dress boxes.

Yep ..Slide Box....