Which is better?

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer the SLB given that there is no price difference. What is a SLB worth; not much? Cigars are for smoking and if a good cigar comes wrapped in virgin toilet paper I could care less as long as it tastes good when I smoke it! When I can get cardboard pack cigars for a substantial discount I will take them and put them in my own boxes. Cigar boxes are good for little more than keeping my cigars from rolling on the floor. -Piggy

Ray,

I do believe you've earned the title of "FOH Resident Curmudgeon." :lol: Great comments!

Wilkey

Wilkey, I often wonder myself where my thoughts originate!

I was at one of my cardiologists today and.... it is a long story! Reading this post put the first smile on my face all day. I will wear my scarlet "C" with pride and dignity paying homage to our mutual friend with the same name! -Ray

Alan (aavkk) may be able to chime in as he has smoked BBF's from a DB.

I had bad luck with a DB version of BBF's but it could have very well been an isolated box. It was an early 07 box and was much, much darker than any SLB version I have seen. Could it be a case of the SLB's getting better and more uniform wrapper color, Im not sure? What I can be sure of is every BBF I've smoked outside of that one DB I owned was a much better experience.

SLB are a better option for aging and all that crap. However I can tell you that Rob and I have sent back a heap and I am talking hundreds of SLB boxes cause the cigars are damaged. The BBF and other Belecosos more than any other cigar in SLB get damaged so easily and it drives me nuts.

SLB are a better option for aging and all that crap. However I can tell you that Rob and I have sent back a heap and I am talking hundreds of SLB boxes cause the cigars are damaged. The BBF and other Belecosos more than any other cigar in SLB get damaged so easily and it drives me nuts.

Do you have any idea what happens to those cigars after you return them?

Do you have any idea what happens to those cigars after you return them?

Beli's (if a mastercase is dropped badly during transportation) will crack at the cap. There is not much that can be done. I assume a claim is made against PCC shippers. Because we simply return them I do not have a definitive answer but I can find out.