Gun Control LOL

Well me and my friends went shooting today and we had alot of laughs and some great cigars it was a great day..

Me and the JLD PTR91 its a 308 cal and a fine gun packs a punch ..

img0668x.jpg

img0651.jpg

This gun is a Barret 6.8 excellant weapon !!! The speed of a M4/M16 223 round but the power punch of a AK47 round .The US forces are starting to change over to this round .

img0653o.jpg

img0657hcd.jpg

img0658aru.jpg

This gun M14/M1A (308. cal) made in 1959 is my favorite it's a classic and still used in the US military today its powerful and dead on accurate and snipers love them .I shot this gun with out using a scope or resting it on a sand bag below i will post my target pic's total of 2 30 round clips shot at target.A really fun rifle to shoot..

img0665nac.jpg

img0662.jpg

img0663kpi.jpg

M14 at 100 yards iron sighting and free handed not to bad for this 4 eyed blind F&*%.. :lol:

img0669x.jpg

This handgun is a Glock 10mm powerful hand gun packs a punch and great for home defense..

img0670g.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed the pic's and remember Gun safty is very important and it saves lives !!!

Now i will take some painkillers because my shoulder is killing me as its been a long time since i went shooting.LOL

Thanks Colt the M1A is my favorate it's alot of fun to shot .All the Guns I shot were my friends but I am thinking about getting a M1 Garand.

jimmy, i'm glad you had fun. about the only thing i have in common with any of that is that one of the guns and i both come from 1959.

i did say in the other thread that i was not against all guns completely and that there are legit uses for them.

Thanks Colt the M1A is my favorate it's alot of fun to shot .All the Guns I shot were my friends but I am thinking about getting a M1 Grand.

That'd be an M1 Garand... absolutely wonderful rifle! Not the prettiest thing out there, but well balanced, rugged, extremely accurate and the 30-06 has a lot of power! It's one of my favorite rifles. I heard the US gov't recently melted down about a million of them and prices are going up, so if you want one get one while you can.

Wow, thanks for posting Jimmy. Some serious hardware there that would never be seen in Aus except for a museum. (or in the bikie (biker) gangs ) :lol:

I had a lot of fun reading the recent gun control posts, reminds me I do need to visit the range soon as its been way too long. BTW since my rifle is not ever thought of for home protection I have a policy of keeping ammo off-site. To me its the safest, just my 2c worth since I didn't join in the fun on the other thread on this :rotfl:

Been 2 years since I've been to the range.

I used to go every weekend for about 3 years but it was getting way to expensive - every shot of my H&K USP 9mm was costing me 30 cents and every shot of my .223 Savage was $1.

A full day on the range was close to $100.

Now I only shoot when I go out hunting.... and that costs me $100 in fuel :D

I used to go every weekend for about 3 years but it was getting way to expensive - every shot of my H&K USP 9mm was costing me 30 cents and every shot of my .223 Savage was $1.

Now I only shoot when I go out hunting.... and that costs me $100 in fuel ;)

That's exactly why a rimfire suits me fine. More cash for smokes :P

Additional thoughts as I looked at that $1 a shot on the .223: how is it that ammo is so expensive? Thinking about the materials that make your average centre-fire round, there is not much in it and manufacturing is largely automated. Also compared to a lot of products there is only a small marketing spend.

Nup, doesn't add up apart from everyone in the supply chain making a nice dollar as they pass them on to the good ol customer. :angry:

Yeah, got to agree there - my .22 rimfire gives me a lot for the same dollars.

It's an old Bruno from the 60's.... beautiful gun.

Those are some nice weapons Jimmy, thanks for sharing.

Now I only shoot when I go out hunting.... and that costs me $100 in fuel ;)

You should consider reloading your empty brass. Is reloading also regulated in the land of Oz? When I shot competitively I could shoot 3k rounds a week and that was not enough! Reloading is the only way offset the costs with your own labor and a means to produce much more consistent loads for your "more accurate" rifles.

I have several rifles in hard to find cartridge sizes like the 220 Swift and in wildcat sizes like the 357 Herritt. These cartridges and other tend to force their owners into the reloading process. Producing precision hand loaded ammo is a hobby all in and of itself. -Piggy