Gun Control LOL

Just out of curiousity, for the shooters among us, do you prefer factory ammo or handloads?

Reloaded ammunition (if you know how to do it right) is far superior in many respects to factory ammo. Where factory ammo shines is in the fact that it is 1st use ammunition with virgin materials that are generally smaller in dimension that what is considered acceptable in reloaded ammo. This is especially useful in many semi-automatic actions. Some of these actions are sensitive to oversized cases and it is recommended that when you reload cases for semi-automatics you use what are call "small base" dies.

I could talk reloading for hours! Be careful what you get into, you may lose your home life! -LOL -Piggy

Piggy, I used to reload. Emphasis on 'used to'.

The local government here, in their wisdom, felt it necessary to ban the sale of powder. I can buy all the primers and projectiles I want... I just cant put anything into the case. ;)

So I essentially have wasted all that money on reloading presses and dies... none of which will sell... because no-one else can do anything with it anyway.

But like some others have said... .22 rimfire is plenty of fun for me anyway.