Cuaba Piramide Edicion Limitada 2008 Video Review

El Presidente

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job of fixing the Tech difficulties so I could see the Cuaba Video.

How much did the outside weather affect the testing? The wind was strong and was it raining? The outside humidity may have altered the tasteing due to conditions; i.e., made the Cuaba better and the Partagas less than favorable. The traffic passing the balconey made it sound like the roads were wet from some rain.

Overall, great job and there were no wankers in the video!

I just finished my first Cuaba Piramide EL. It's a perfectly beautiful cigar; well-rolled with a dark maduro-like wrapper. The pre-light scent was rich and sweet, and promised a flavorful smoke. It certainly started off well: lots of sweet espresso character, with some mild cocoa notes. Not the slightest hint of ammonia or bitterness, it came across more like a two or three-year old cigar than one with less than six months under it's belt.

It was, throughout, an enjoyable, flavorful cigar. I have to give it points for being better than any Cuaba I've had. But I do have some complaints: first, it was reminiscent of some previous "generic" ELs, with that sweet maduro flavor profile. Although tasty, there was no underlying spice, and the cigar utterly lacked complexity. I would describe it as a WYSIWYG (What you smoke is what you get) cigar, and I seriously doubt that it will develop much over time. It might very well become bland if aged. If you like this kind of sweet maduro-espresso profile then, by all means, smoke these young.

I would describe it as a WYSIWYG (What you smoke is what you get) cigar, and I seriously doubt that it will develop much over time. It might very well become bland if aged. If you like this kind of sweet maduro-espresso profile then, by all means, smoke these young.

Shrink, factoring in cost, do you feel these a good value?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Im smoking one of these now for my birthday cigar and am really enjoying it! This one isnt really showing any signs of youth and is very flavorful. Im not even a fan of Cuaba and am really liking this! Ken was dead on by saying these dont taste like your usual Cuaba, they are actually good!

img2273ebt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just smoked my first couple of these and I have to say that I think Shrink's review is spot on. A flavourful but very one dimensional cigar - it could mature into something special, but my guess would be that it is probably at its best now. Definitely a good cigar but probably not one for the ages.

I absolutely love this cigar! has some amazing flavours that just keep coming at you.

I dont know if this will improve with age though as I feel it is ready now, with a bit of age wouldn't it lose all the flavours it has now and becomes mild? like the HDM Piramides LE 2003?

A milder version of the current flavours will make this cigar a boring one.

• 2 months later...

Off to the PuffInn to try another Cuaba 09 EL Piramides, havent had one in a while looking forward to it I watched friendsofhabanos vid, need to try it again

Pre lit smell off damp hay and tobacco

"Aye Puffin"

This is smoking very well,at the half way stage, espresso, dark chocolate, with a long dry finnish

These have improved a lot since the last one ...Score in the 90's

I'm glad I've got a couple of boxes of these

SS

• 1 month later...

Cuaba Piramides EL TEB JUL 08

Oily and Chocolate wrapper, excellent construction with some veins

Total smoke time was 77 mins

Great pre-draw of barnyard, sweet tobacco and cocoa

Ash was White hot and tight

Medium flavor initially of dark chocolate and maple syrup

Didn’t dry box this at all and after smoking, didnt think I needed to

Cigar wound up being Med-Full

Rich and smooth with some nice aftertaste

Didn’t really look at this as an EL but just another normal CC

Flavors were milk shake, light pepper

Very enjoyable and will buy a box

Score it a solid 9.1 now with a potential of a 9.3 down the road

Bart

• 3 weeks later...

It's good to hear that some else enjoyed this cigar. You hear so much negative commentay on it. I know that KG hates Cuabas, and I have had a few duds, but the LE 08s I have enjoyed. Thanks Bart.

• 3 months later...